nuts nuts nuts nuts

Options
2»

Replies

• joliejolie123456
    Options
    almonds for the win! but while were on the subject i was wondering...i know nuts are healthy and im told that they contain "good fat" but what does this really mean? it just seems that they are really calorific and because i can hardly have any i usually go for other low fat snacks so that i can eat more. any thoughts?
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    almonds for the win! but while were on the subject i was wondering...i know nuts are healthy and im told that they contain "good fat" but what does this really mean? it just seems that they are really calorific and because i can hardly have any i usually go for other low fat snacks so that i can eat more. any thoughts?

Most nuts contain polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. Here's a short article on the benefits of these types of fat to your diet: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fat/NU00262

Nuts are also wonderful sources of minerals and vitamins!
  • Nelvin43
    Nelvin43 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm a trainer and you know i had gained a few unwanted pounds while training clients to there goals but what also works that is very good is olives. new studies show that oil that you can't see like nuts and olives are actually great sources of fat. i don't know which nuts are cheaper just wanted to give you another alternative. keep up the great work.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I love brazil nuts - great source of selenium. And have been recently converted to roast soya bean (yeah, they're not nuts, but have the same crunchiness)
  • sightnowchanging
    Options
    I would just buy a bulk bag of mixed nuts! Every kind of nut has its different health benefits, so eating a variety every day will keep you healthier. Plus, mixed nuts are friggin' delicious. Haha. Maybe throw some dried fruit and sunflower seeds in there as well to make a makeshift trail mix?
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i ended up getting the mixed nuts because i couldn't choose, AND they were on sale, making them the cheapest!! :D