What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you whe

Options
Mine happened on several occassions but this particular time is was mortifying......I was at work and up on a ladder in the backroom(retail) when one of my employees, who I just hired, walks in and says to the other 5 people standing around, "Oh my God, I can't believe you made the pregnant lady get on a ladder!!!" I wasn't pregnant and I wanted to die. Also happened once in Victoria's Secret when the size 00 sales girl asked me when I was due......I never want that to happen again!

How 'bout you?

Replies

• marthamae813
    marthamae813 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I actually get the whole pregnant thing alot too =[
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    OMG i was just thinking of this not 10 minutes ago.

It wasn't really about weight loss or anything. I has looking at how long my hair is(and wishing it was longer) and i remembered a time when i was about 11 or 12(jr high).

My step mom forced me to keep my hair short(short like where the hell is it).My dad worked at my church cleaning classrooms. I loved hanging with him so i would go and help him.

One day i was emptying a trash can in a classroom while all the pre-schooler were lining up. I smiled at them and waved when they waved to me. Suddenly one piped up..."Are you a boy?"Then another "Are you Mr. John's(my dad) son?"......

I was so horrified i just about ran out of the room crying.
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have had numerous embarrassing moments but the one weight related one that sticks for me is once while I was grocery shopping and my cart was overflowing and this little kid asked his Mom if that big lady was going to eat ALL of that food... The Mom was mortified but having a child of my own I know how it is so I just smiled and continued to waddle down the aisle and shop. I was so mortified that I had become the "big lady"...
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Little kids in the store say Look Mommy or Daddy that lady is really fat! Worse is the parents that don't do anything about it, not for my benefit but for the kids!
  • Ashtrizzle
    Options
    As much as I hate being asked "is your mom home" when people knock on my door, it at least helps avoid the awkward 'People think I'm pregnant' situation.
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    When i went to an amusment park last year with my sister we went to get on a ride and it wouldnt buckle the guy says im sorry but u have to get off you dont fit....OMG!!!!!! I wanted to cry....
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    This isn't weight related but it is my most embarrassing!

I went to a baseball game at Dodger Stadium. I was walking back to my seat, but I was looking out toward the field to see what was going on with the game. I missed a step and slid all the way down the row of stairs on my butt. Of course everyone was watching, but what was more embarrassing was when a fan stood up and yelled "SAFE" and waved his hands like the umpires do when they call "safe" on the base...then of course everyone started clapping. I just stood up, and took a bow!!! hahaha!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I carry ALL my weight in my belly so I get the pregnant one alot. Totally depressing since my baby is 2 (and Im single right now and want to have my next baby VBAC whenever I do get married)

In a club though (an not EVERYONE was skinny) it was over packed and I was sliding through the crowd with a friend and you know how it goes when its congested, you tend to follow someone else getting out so that you dont have to push and shove, well my friend was leading and another couple of girls fell in behind us and the wonderfully drunk one told her friend "I LOVE when the fat girls lead! you get so much more room!"
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This is SO embarrassing when I look back I am SO ashamed. We were at a fair and Jacob, my then 18 month old wanted to ride the train with his sisters BUT he wanted me to ride with him. The guy operating the train talked me into getting on the train so I did. There was a much thinner mother sitting in front of me a few rows down and she kept giving me this really nasty look. My husband took A LOT of photos and when I saw them I was SO ashamed.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    When you get your pictures downloaded on the computer and there's one of you from behind (when you thought you looked STUNNING in the shirt you were wearing) and your bra is cutting into your back, causing a fat roll to hang above the strap and below as well...I hate that! Hopefully never again!
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance's uncle for the first time! I was dressed up and feeling good about myself. We were standing around drinking beer and he starts rubbing my belly and says "You are about to pop! When you due?" I just laughed drank my beer and said about a year and a half ago! (My daughter was a little over one at the time!) so mortified! Everyone just laughed and instead of apologizing he says, "Yeah that baby weight can be hard to lose!" LIKE HE WOULD KNOW!
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Victoria Secret - Size 00 (and probably 18 years old) girl asks if she can help me. I explain a year or two before I had found a wonderful pair of panties that had light tummy control but didn't look like granny panties, black and lacy number. She says, Oh yeah my mom loves those too but we don't sell them anymore. I was just barely over 30 when this happened. I could've slapped her.
  • keke48
    keke48 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello I know what you are taking about someone asked me the same thing more than one time but about three month ago i was on the bus and there were a lot's of people so I had to stand up and the lady i was standing by looked uo at me and said will you move back some. I can't breath because you are blocking my air and that made me feel so bad about six weeks ago I went to the doctor for my leg pain the doctor said you need to lose some weight he looked at me and said you don't look that big than said oh I didn't see the back of you well i went back to another doctor not for my leg and in five weeks I have lost 14 pounds and i just started this program today and pray to get some help. I wish everyone the best of luck.
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    I took my kids to Busch Gardens and had to "wedge" myself into the fat seat in the middle. That was bad, but the flume ride was way worse. I sat on one side, my daughter (also heavy) sat on the other and my son sat in the middle. The bar comes down over our laps and locks in place. As we're going down the flume, my son slipped down beneath the bar and fell into the floor of the log. The thought of my son getting hurt on a ride because he was with his fat mother should have been the turning point but it wasn't :blushing:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

I wouldn't mention a woman being pregnant, If she was crowning right in front of me.
  • ♥jewel♥
    ♥jewel♥ Posts: 839
    Options

I wouldn't mention a woman being pregnant, If she was crowning right in front of me.

That's because you are one classy man!

I used to show horses. One day after a class in the middle of the summer, I had untucked my shirt. Someone came up to me and told me that I shouldn't be riding this close to my due date. I was mortified! :explode:
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    When i was in Jr. high all of the boys would say that all i had was "fatty boobs" and they spread roomers that i was preggers. I was 13
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I was at an amusement park with my family. My husband and I were walking up to get in line for a coaster and they made me sit in the "example seats" before getting in line. As they were strapping me in, I noticed a couple of skinny girls and a girl about my size walking up. They asked the girl who was my size to step over to the "example seats" while the other two girls were able to just walk up to the line. It was then that I asked if it was just a coincidence that they were only asking "not skinny people" to sit in the example seats. They said that they needed to make sure "certain" people fit into the seats to avoid embarassment at the front of the line if they didn't. Yeah, because this wasn't embarassing at all! I told him that they should maybe consider making the seats to fit normal size people.

I was only a size 14 or so when this happened! So for the last two years, I've decided to forego the amusement parks with my family. It sucks because I am a coaster junkie. :-(
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options

That's because you are one classy man!

I used to show horses. One day after a class in the middle of the summer, I had untucked my shirt. Someone came up to me and told me that I shouldn't be riding this close to my due date. I was mortified! :explode:

I agree!