Posting my weight on here

Options
Okay so Im starting the 30DS with my best friend and her husband tomorrow. And of course I want to post the before pics and measurements but I am having a big hang up on posting my actual starting weight number. I am mordified of where its at and dreading posting it. i have a big journey a head of me. How do i get over this fear or hang up? Any advice or ideas of what I could so maybe as a diffrent approach to posting it would be great!!

Thank you!

Lindsay

PS I need more friends on here.

Replies

• mmallory1
    mmallory1 Posts: 40
    Options
    On your ticker, you do not have to show your weight, you can just put the amount of weight you want to lose. So it will only show the pounds lost. Good Luck! PS: I added you as a friend.
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    everybody here is on the same boat. our numbers may be different, but no one judges you. i found with the 30DS it was best to judge my progress by taking my measurements. if you want to keep your business private, by all means, no one is going to hold it against you. :)

keep up the great work, and dont be so hard on yourself :)
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I was going to add the same comment. I sent you a request to friend also :) BTW, we started a 30DS challenge on Monday. It is a great workout.
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I know what you mean, I feel the same way. I still haven't posted my starting weight! But I know the people on here won't judge me, they are only here to support me. It's just a personal decision! If you want feel free to add me as a friend! Good luck!
  • Ashbee1224
    Options
    Girl you just gotta do it, I feel ya though. But the more you become one with that ugly number and realize that now that you are eating healthy & exercising it will NEVER be that high again, as long as you dont let it! Then it's really not that big of a deal. I started at 272 and am down to 250 :) You can do it!
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I was the same way when I started here, scared about admitting my weight. I'm not sure what changed, I read through a lot of forums and found some people very similar to my own start weight and end goals. The more I read and the more I saw the success stories, the less talking about my starting weight bothered me!
  • mrswilson0511
    mrswilson0511 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Currently I do just have my ticker set on what I wont to lose, but setting the mini goals I havent done because I didnt want to post my cw. I know I need to push my self out of my comfort zone.
  • danimortland20
    Options
    Hi!, you just do it, jump right in and put it out there, by doing so you help motivate others to reach their goals, besides its a starting place and nobody cares where you start a journey its how and when you finish it! best of luck to you on your journey, add me if you would like:wink:
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to post it you don't have too. We are all in the same boat as you, nobody is here to judge each other, we are here to encourage and support each other. I don't think anybody will look down on you for your weight, I know I won't.
    I'm adding you as a friend :)
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I never wanted to post a starting weight, but after I started losing, it was so much easier because it gives me more of a visual of where I was and where I'm going.
    If you don't want to post starting, that's your decision - but as previously stated, create a ticker showing how much you want to lose and it will show how much you've lost as you add your new weight each time you weigh.

BTW - I don't believe anyone but you sees the weight under the check-in portion of the site. At least if they can, I haven't figured out how... that's your private section on the site. Even the food log can be totally hidden or only shared with friends - again your choice.

Good Luck!
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Most of us are here for the same reasons....no judgement.

Putting it out there will make IT REAL. If that's any sort of incentive...

Could it be as bad as nearly 400 pounds? Cause that is where I started!

Whatever makes you comfortable though! And. GL! I am a-screered of JM's 30 day shread! LOL
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I started out at 288 and I'm not really pleased to have to say it, but I've lost 41.5 lbs since November, 2010 and THAT number I'm proud of :-) I'm currently at 246.5 and I hope to keep that number moving downward.

Good luck to you and hey, it's a number, but it doesn't define who YOU are!! ((HUGS))
  • mrswilson0511
    mrswilson0511 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! I this is what I needed to hear!! I gotta just do it!!!
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    It's just a number. I used to be so ashamed as a teenager to weigh more than what "they" say I should. I've come to realize, who cares. I'll tell anyone what I weigh if the topic comes up and I don't let a number determine my self worth, or dictate how I feel about myself.

If you feel that posting your weight will make things official in your weight loss adventure, my heck, just do it! No one will judge you. But it's not necessary at all :)

You can befriend me if you want. :)
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel, there is no way I am putting my start weight there. It's not so much about people judging me as I just can't do it, I am embarrassed that I let myself get to this weight and maybe someday when I have lost a bunch I will put it out there , but can't do it at this time. I started with 112 to lose so any one can figure out I weigh alot:):) Good luck to you in your journey:)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way. I kept everything private for a bit, but once I started reading the message boards I realized what a supportive and non-judgmental place this is.

I decided to post my starting weight because I thought if I put it out there, it wouldn't be such an internal struggle anymore. I could remove some of the power from it and be able to change it from a more practical standpoint (focus on diet and exercise and the scientific results) rather than the emotional standpoint (feeling insecure with the number, wishing it would change so I would feel more confident, and internalizing the struggle).

As silly as it might seem, it felt kinda freeing to post the number, and it's also a constant reminder of what I'm leaving behind and where I want to go.
  • JoyTN
    JoyTN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just started on here the other day and haven't put my current weight either. The more posts I read the more I see everyone here is going through what I am. I'm not alone in this journey. I've not seen one post where someone was made fun of or put down because of their weight.

You're more than welcome to add me as a friend.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! I this is what I needed to hear!! I gotta just do it!!!

Yes, I know its terrifing right now but I think you will see what a help it is. Everyone here is in the same boat and will not judge at all! =]
    Love you!!!
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I wondered about this for half a second, but I have never had a bit of shame. I think putting it out there demystifies it a bit, once it is out there, you just have to move on and change it. I think that is why they show them so scantily clad on The Biggest Loser, it just breaks down the shame, barriers, and hang ups and puts everyone on the same exposed level. Your weight here is just a tamer version of that.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I wondered about this for half a second, but I have never had a bit of shame. I think putting it out there demystifies it a bit, once it is out there, you just have to move on and change it. I think that is why they show them so scantily clad on The Biggest Loser, it just breaks down the shame, barriers, and hang ups and puts everyone on the same exposed level. Your weight here is just a tamer version of that.

SO TRUE! Makes total sense when you put it this way!