Yogurt Recs

Options
Hey everyone!

I was just wondering if any of you know of any low-sugar yogurts? I've been eating Archer Farms, and this morning I had Athenos Greek Strained yogurt. Really good stuff, but so much sugar.

Thanks!

Replies

• deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    Read the ingredient labels, not just the "Sugar" amount on the Food label. The reason that I say that is because dairy products have naturally occuring sugar - lactose. If there is added sugar, not just lactose you will see this in the ingredient label.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    Try the plain greek yogurt much less sugar. I just has some and added some fresh strawberries and chopped nuts
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Even if you made your own (which is easier than you might think), milk has sugar so there will be some sugar in the final product. However, all commercially prepared yogurts have ADDED sugars and sweeteners because most people don't like the NATURAL taste of unsweetened yogurt. Your best bet is to go with an unsweetened, plain yogurt and add sweetness with fresh fruits, jams, etc.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Have to go to plain to get lower suger levels, sorry!
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani. Have a plain yogurt and throw in some fresh fruit. Much less sugar for you.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    chobani is excellent greek yogurt...
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Fiber One yogurt is the best I could find :)
  • TabiNS
    TabiNS Posts: 15
    Options
    I love Chobani. Have a plain yogurt and throw in some fresh fruit. Much less sugar for you.

Thank you! I always check every part of the nutrition label when I buy any food, but I do find some with added sugars. Yuck! Thanks for the recommendation. :-)
  • TabiNS
    Options
    Fiber One yogurt is the best I could find :)

I should've thought about them in the first place. ha. Thank you for the recommendation.
  • TabiNS
    Options
    Even if you made your own (which is easier than you might think), milk has sugar so there will be some sugar in the final product. However, all commercially prepared yogurts have ADDED sugars and sweeteners because most people don't like the NATURAL taste of unsweetened yogurt. Your best bet is to go with an unsweetened, plain yogurt and add sweetness with fresh fruits, jams, etc.

Thanks for the advice/recommendations. :-)