Who wants to do the hundred push up challenge with me?

Options

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Right, I can do 30 girly ones without too much hassle. I should probably be attempting the full version, shouldn't I?
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Okay...today is the day! I did the test and ta trial run last week.

I am starting on week three, but I plan to continue for teh whole 6 weeks. I'll complete the challenege and still do the training for 3 more weeks, so we can continue to support each other!

Where is everyone starting? Let's give an update each time we train...kay?

Good luck and have a great day! Don't be discouraged! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • yyzdnl
    yyzdnl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I started on week three column two (21-25) this morning. It was tough, I was getting tired by the end of set three and had to increase my rest to 90 seconds, rested a full 2 min before the final set of 17 and I still had to take pauses and work a couple of push up at a time after 12 consecutive to get to the 17 minimum.

Don't forget, for a limited time only, while supplies last, get two challenges for the price of one.

Log your push ups at the 100,000 pressup challenge. (group effort)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/216266-100-000-pressup-challenge-who-s-in

Daniel
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I started week one column 2 today. Did the workout as laid out, then did 7 on the final round!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :happy: I'm in - starting at week three - looks like it is going to be a REAL challenge! This is for my "off" days - not at the gym but still needing that stellar workout!

May I remind all you arm lovers that push ups are actually a fantastic FULL BODY workout. Don't believe they work your abs? Do some sit-ups before and try knocking out your pushups! Belive me - 100 push ups is for more than just toned arms!

Lets do this! :devil:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I was going to do it on my knees as I can already do a lot like that, but did the full ones and managed 13 at the end, so I'll be going with the full version!
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I was going to do it on my knees as I can already do a lot like that, but did the full ones and managed 13 at the end, so I'll be going with the full version!

Awesome !!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I just did W1D1Col 3 of the challenge and my arms already feel like Jelly! And these were just the "knee push-ups!!!" I can't image how I'd be feeling if I attempted the regular push-ups! Maybe by the time I'm done with the challenge I'll be ready to do it again with regular push-ups. I can only hope!

* I forgot to add that I did only the minimum of 9 for the last set.:ohwell:
  • mommynmotion
    Options

Good job!!!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I just did W1D1Col 3 of the challenge and my arms already feel like Jelly! And these were just the "knee push-ups!!!" I can't image how I'd be feeling if I attempted the regular push-ups! Maybe by the time I'm done with the challenge I'll be ready to do it again with regular push-ups. I can only hope!

My plan is to achieve 100 in the the knee position, then start it over on the regular ones.
  • mommynmotion
    Options
    HI Guys. I did my training today. I started on week 3, Day one! Awesome...I hope to be sore tomorrow!

I hope everyone is doing great!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I down loaded the app to my Iphone and the 100 squats app. I think I shall put them to good use!!

:drinker:
  • mommynmotion
    Options
    HUmmm...hundred squats? I need to do that one too!
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am in if it is still open
  • yyzdnl
    yyzdnl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Completed W3,D2,C2 once again I had problems completing the 5th set continuously but did better than day 1.

Went on to my normal arm & shoulder work out and ended with one mean burn. Something tells me my post work out chocolate milk isn't going to do squat keeping soreness away tomorrow.
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Completed W1D2C3 - did 13 for my final set. Only 1 above the maximum, but that's better than I did on D1. :wink:

My plan is to achieve 100 in the the knee position, then start it over on the regular ones.

That's my plan as well!
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Ugh! with all the stuff on my plate for Easter, I missed this thread until today!

Mind if I join in, and start up over the weekend?
  • jasonnacua
    jasonnacua Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Id like to join in ! starting tomorrow morning!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    All right, m-n-m, I'm in. I'm starting at week -4. Bwahaha.
  • Nucleartiger
    Nucleartiger Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I will join in as well if it isn't too late.

I actually started both the 100 pushup and 100 squats program about 3 weeks ago but then my mother became ill and I have been by her side every day until she passed away last week so I kinda forgot all about this program.