lack of eating on weekends

Options
So I do great during the week while I am working. But when the weekend hits I dont do nearly as good with making sure I am eating and its not like I am doing it on purpose I have just been so busy on the weekends I am lucky if I get two meals in. When I do eat I make sure its good food healty filling food. I try and make sure i have at least plenty of veggies around. But it doenst seem to matter if I am running around or busy. And advice is welcomed.
Does any one else of this problem?

Replies

• kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I do that too on the weekends...A lot of times I either don't eat enough calories or I'll end up grabbing some fast food which isn't a good thing. I think i sabotage myself on the weekends so I'm trying to do better but like you I end up getting so busy..
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I just noticed I did that today .. busy day at work Ive only had lunch and havent even had any water yet (it's 2pm here)!!!
    ughhhhhh
  • mmallory1
    mmallory1 Posts: 40
    Options
    I always keep something easy at hand, like a granola bar or other snack that is easy to throw in my purse and have. ALSO, when I am on the go - I grab a subway sandwich instead of fast food - skip the dressings! I have specific places that I will eat when busy and Subway is one of them. I do my research on the items on a fast food type place that I can eat and those are my go to meals when running around.

There are definite options, you just have to put the effort in prior to investigate healthier choices. I say healthier, because everything is a choice and there are ALWAYS healthier options, even if it isn't the BEST choice.

Hope that helps!
  • mrswilson0511
    mrswilson0511 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    with me its not that I will opt for fast food at all.

For example last weekend. I got up at 7 and ate a serving of oatmeal then left to go do stuff for the day then at 6 that evening I realized I hadnt had anything since my oatmeal at 7am. I got home and made a plate of veggies and tuna sandwich. That day I clearly didnt eat enough.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Yup, its a weekend thing. You were with me last saturday... Pot of coffee and granola bar at 7am and nothing till you got here and we made dinner... its terrible!
  • rakelros
    rakelros Posts: 67
    Options
    I used to have that problem... took me several months, but I finally have this food schedule thing under wraps.
    I do have a problem with portion sizes though. I really can´t eat large meals. (large is 1/2 an apple plus a slice of bread).
    If I do, I feel queasy for the next 3-4 hours and am not able to eat anything else during that time.

I fixed that by eating more often, and less at a time. (1 slice of bread, or half a fruit, or one boiled egg, or... you get my drift).

After 3-4 months of carefully planning my meals every day, the weekends fell in line with the other days, stick in there, you´ll get there in time :)
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I eat more on weekends, thats when I always end up going out or having friends over. Also, on weekends I am at home, so there is food there to temp me, where as when I am at work I I only have what I bring with me
  • kendylyndie
    kendylyndie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do that too, but I just had an idea that I'm going to try: take healy food/snacks with you when you go places, and set the alarm on your phone to go off at certain times to remind yourself to eat.. It might be worth a try anyway! :happy:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals out on the weekends. Make your menu things that are simple and that are portable if you're on the go. If you know you're going to be gone during lunch time, grab your lunch and take it with you. Or plan to hit a restaurant where you know you can get something healthy and easy to calculate (Subway, etc.). If you need to, add the time you plan to eat lunch to your phone calendar with a reminder/alarm. You can do the same for snack time.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i'm opposite and wish i had this issue. as everyone else mentioned that planning is you're friend