Made my goal today! :) (w/pic)

Options
plain_jane
plain_jane Posts: 49 Member
The first picture is from Christmas and it's the one that made me realize I had seriously gained some weight. I was in denial, I guess. Then, when I weighed in on here and realized I was actually in the overweight category I almost couldn't believe it. So, it was completely vanity that made me start losing weight, but the best thing is that I FEEL GREAT now. I love being able to get on my treadmill and run for 45 minutes and know that my clothes will fit when I am looking for something to wear. I have so much more energy to keep up with my kids and I am just happier, in general! I had set my goal at 135 because I felt like it was (or should be) attainable, but I honestly was a little apprehensive about whether I would get there or not. Today is 100 days of MFP and I met my goal this morning! I feel so proud to have set a goal, stuck with it, and achieved what I set out to do. Now that I am already working on it, I do still want to continue to tone up and get rid of some excess belly fat that is still hanging around, but first I just wanted to do a litlte happy dance about meeting my goal!

Oh, and for the endless debates about how many calories to consume, I should add that the last 4 pounds dropped off almost immediately upon increasing my calories from a 1 lb per week loss to .5 lb per week loss.

I hope this works to add the picture:

3763353_6875.jpg[img][/img]

Replies

• shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job!
    Thats intersting about increasing your calories!
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look great!!
  • arodriguez24
    arodriguez24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Excellent results, congrats.
  • xSmileyLeighx
    Options
    Congratulations! :)
  • plain_jane
    plain_jane Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    hmm, the pictures aren't working, sorry. I'm kind of a novice to the message boards, although I lurked here frequently. They are in my profile though.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Nice job!!! you look great
  • RandiLH
    RandiLH Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you look great!!!!!

I made my goal today too--hooray for us! :)
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    That s awesome! Congrats! My goal is 135 as well but I still have 25lbs to go
  • mom2TNT
    mom2TNT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great!! Hope to be where you are this time next year!!
  • yannethfr
    yannethfr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal!!! YAY!!!

I do believe you when you said you had to increase your calories. I believe this may have more to do what is known as the Zig-Zag method where you vary your calories more. I wanted to give MFP's plan a try first before I did MFP with the Zig-Zag and after only 1 wk, despite being very full on several occasions I have managed to lose the 1-2lbs/wk.

Congratulations again....you really do look GREAT!
  • feel_the_love
    Options
    Great job =) You deserve a happy dance! :drinker:
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm sure you feel great too! thank you for sharing, I love success stories and can't wait to share mine some day! I still have 94 lbs to go! Enjoy your day!!!
  • PeaceLoveStrength
    PeaceLoveStrength Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You look fantastic! :)
  • Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
    OMG! wow you look fantastic! I hope to do what you've done :)
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    The first picture is from Christmas and it's the one that made me realize I had seriously gained some weight. I was in denial, I guess. Then, when I weighed in on here and realized I was actually in the overweight category I almost couldn't believe it. So, it was completely vanity that made me start losing weight, but the best thing is that I FEEL GREAT now. I love being able to get on my treadmill and run for 45 minutes and know that my clothes will fit when I am looking for something to wear. I have so much more energy to keep up with my kids and I am just happier, in general! I had set my goal at 135 because I felt like it was (or should be) attainable, but I honestly was a little apprehensive about whether I would get there or not. Today is 100 days of MFP and I met my goal this morning! I feel so proud to have set a goal, stuck with it, and achieved what I set out to do. Now that I am already working on it, I do still want to continue to tone up and get rid of some excess belly fat that is still hanging around, but first I just wanted to do a litlte happy dance about meeting my goal!

Oh, and for the endless debates about how many calories to consume, I should add that the last 4 pounds dropped off almost immediately upon increasing my calories from a 1 lb per week loss to .5 lb per week loss.

I hope this works to add the picture:

3763353_6875.jpg

Fantastic job!
  • sherryv02
    sherryv02 Posts: 26
    Options
    that is great!
  • JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    What an inspiration to see your before/after pic. What an accomplishment! Way to go! You look fantastic!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good job!!You look fantastic.
    jane:drinker:
  • danielsmommy10
    Options
    that's so inspirational! i just started my journey and you're awesome! good job girl!
  • JPRobocker
    JPRobocker Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, how tall are you? You look great and I'm right at 135 right now. I am not the best at judging myself since I'm pretty critical when I look in the mirror.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!