2»

Replies

• celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yes, this definitely is common.
  • leciebella
    Options
    Most months I gain 1-2 pounds and then others I gain 4-5 pounds. Most of the time I don't get cramping that's too bad but I bloat and I've noticed that my legs swell up like I can feel all of the muscle but I still try to work out 5-6 days a week. Last week I started my period on Monday and had to start a new birth control the same day. According to my period calendar it said my period would end on that Friday but it ended Saturday which I was like it's just the new birth control doing it. The week before I was crampy and cranky etc but gained no weight even during my period I gained maybe a pound which was odd because I normally don't eat much bread at all but this month wanted bread before my period.. only had maybe a slice a day but yet gained nothing! I got my period last Monday and it ended Saturday and had barely any cramps or weight gain etc even on the day my period ended. I went to bed on Saturday night feeling great then Sunday I woke up bloated, constipated, tender breasts etc basically the symptoms I usually get before my period so I'm like WTF? I checked my period calendar and it said I'd start ovulation today so I figured out was from that in combination to my body getting used to my new birth control pill and I've only gained like 3 pounds since I've started feeling like this but I feel horrible because with the weather in Chicago I've felt like I'm getting sick so I have like no energy on top of all of this pain. I worked out on Monday on my treadmill but yesterday my mom said that I was warm and didn't look good so she wouldn't let me go on my treadmill but even though I've only gained like 3 pounds since I've started feeling like this I look in the mirror and feel like a fat *kitten* not to mention that after everything I've eaten since all of this pain I have ended up nauseous or feeling like I want to toss my cookies and all anyone can say to me is ohh it's just your body getting ready to ovulate and getting used to your new pill. It's been awhile since I've started a new birth control so I don't remember how I felt when I first started it but does anyone ever feel fine during their period and then get really bloated and constipated before you start your ovulation etc because I just don't feel good and this randomly came out of nowhere. :-(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm typically 2 lbs heavier from ovulation to my next period.
  • B124Give
    B124Give Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been having these same symptoms.. seeing that others are having the same, makes me feel a little better. I thought something might be wrong.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    This is so me. I stumbled onto this thread, but it's what I'm going through. 1-3 lb increase in a day. Stalled weight loss. Bloating, migraine, cramps, irritability, and exhaustion. I'm also ovulating today. Unfortunately, I am in the high risk age for being on the pill. It really sucks.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Yep I do, I would be surprised if most don't or it could be most are looking for the PMS bloat and gain and don't notice ovulation.
  • Francl27
    Options
    This is so me. I stumbled onto this thread, but it's what I'm going through. 1-3 lb increase in a day. Stalled weight loss. Bloating, migraine, cramps, irritability, and exhaustion. I'm also ovulating today. Unfortunately, I am in the high risk age for being on the pill. It really sucks.

Old thread, but yeah. Lately it's been 2 weeks of cramps, hunger, and random bloating. It's the pits! With all the talks about the risks of Ibuprofen lately I've been trying to avoid it too, and it's just making me more miserable.

The pill had bad side effects for me when I tried it so I admit I'm reluctant to try again. Sigh.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I bloat like a sponge during ovulation - for me its MUCH worse than period
  • Francl27
    Options
    I have ovarian cysts too. Actually got some ultrasounds done around/after ovulation and there was quite a bit of fluid in there. Joys of being a woman, I guess.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I bloat during ovulation. I also get hungrier as well. It normally disappears the day after my ovulation period is over. I have a really good looking week to two weeks, and then bam bloat b/c of my period. I've learned to accept it and now I know that it's nothing but water, so I don't pay attention to it as much.
  • TNeha
    TNeha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bloat . For a week, I feel like a balloon ready to burst :(
  • Missbright14
    Missbright14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I get bloated/retain water. Moody emotional. All my pms happens when I ovulate not when I'm due on. I actually feel tons better when I'm on! X
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I gain some water weight at ovulation but don't feel bloated. Lately, my fibroids have been blowing up like balloons at ovulation.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    YES
  • Plutodreams
    Plutodreams Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I gain 2-3 lbs around ovulation and it sticks around for about a week. Avoid the scale for this week and get back on when you feel the bloat has left! It will leave!