HRM

Options
Ok, I keep hearing about HRM's and up until now I have been too lazy/broke to look into one. But my curiosity has finally got the best of me. How do they work exactly, how much am I looking at spending (one that works but I don't necessarily need TOP of the line) and where do I get one? I know this question has been asked a million times over, so if anyone can just point me to a past thread about it I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Ok, I keep hearing about HRM's and up until now I have been too lazy/broke to look into one. But my curiosity has finally got the best of me. How do they work exactly, how much am I looking at spending (one that works but I don't necessarily need TOP of the line) and where do I get one? I know this question has been asked a million times over, so if anyone can just point me to a past thread about it I would appreciate it. Thanks!
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I think that most of us use the polar brand. It is the most accurate. I have the f6. It runs about $110. I am not one on spending alot of money on ANYTHING, but with a HRM you really do "get what you pay for!"
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Mine came with a fitness package, has a chest band and a watch/monitor. Package cost less than $70 with a discount.

Hubby's cost more and is a wrist unit that he has to touch to update his heart rate, but he said he didn't want to bother with the chest strap.

I figure mines more accurate 'cause it's a constant update. My only problem is it goes crazy if it's right near the computer. Lets you set a target heart rate and will do either beep or flash when under or over. Also, figure if I can figure out how to use/set it most anyone can.:wink:

Ez
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Whew...just googled heart rate monitor. Found all kinds of information and price range. Also found out why mine doesn't like computers. Someday I'll upgrade, but will be content for now. Good luck in finding more info! I really DO :heart: mine. It's so incredibly satisfying to wear it when I'm doing housework or such and be able to log those calories!!!
    Ez
  • eriquita
    eriquita Posts: 69
    Options
    check ebay , you can find one for $90
    good luck!!