getting in shape post divorce

Options
:happy: Hi out there! I just joined today and feel great to be moving in the right direction. This time last year I was at my physical best - I competed and did very well in a mini triathalon. Then I went through a divorce and gained 30 pounds. The more weight I gained the less motivation I had to do anything about it. I'm ready for a change and excited to have support via the message boards with other people who can relate to the daily struggle of trying to lose weight.

Replies

• christinataylor
    Options
    :happy: Hi out there! I just joined today and feel great to be moving in the right direction. This time last year I was at my physical best - I competed and did very well in a mini triathalon. Then I went through a divorce and gained 30 pounds. The more weight I gained the less motivation I had to do anything about it. I'm ready for a change and excited to have support via the message boards with other people who can relate to the daily struggle of trying to lose weight.
  • filergirl
    Options
    Hi Christina,

You're definitely in the right place. :)

I put on weight after a string of failed romantic endeavours (long story), so I can relate. I wasn't eating much of anything for some time, and then I was eating, and eating . . .

So far I've found everyone here to be really supportive. It's a wonderful community. Welcome!
  • nathalie
    Options
    Hi Christine,
    Welcome, I just signed up myself and after spending a little time exploring and adding in my own food brands etc. over the weekend, I know this is exactly what I need. Totally takes out the guess work!!
    Glad to hear your back on track, good times are up ahead, one day at a time. I find the people here are very inspirational and its easy to be motivated by all the stories and encouragements. It took me a few days to work up the courage to sign in but I`m glad I did.
    I'm rooting for you!!
    nat:flowerforyou:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Christina!
    We are glad you are here!
    A bunch of us have been down that same road, and we understand what you are going through. You are not alone!
    :flowerforyou:
    About a year after my divorce I heard that success is the best payback of all!
    So, Here is to your success!:drinker:
    --Diann...
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Welcome
  • tonimichaelson
    Options
    Welcome!!!!! I'm pretty new to the site as well. This Thursday will be a week for me, and so far I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!:happy:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Christina...been there done that too...now we're doing something about it...take care and I know you will reach your goals...I've been working at it for a week now and have lost 2lbs...the food diary is so helpful when it comes to meal planning.

Teammate,
    Fat Dancer
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome Christina,
    We are all here for you. Good luck!!