Puppy on treadmill

Options
I just want to share a funny story that happenend. I saw on the Dog Whisperer that if you can't take your dog out for a walk that you should train them to walk on your treadmill to get enough exersize, so since I was going thru chemo I thought what a great idea! I have a little 6 lb Maltese, Sady, and got her comfortable to walk on the treadmill. She really liked it, and one morning I put her on it and she is strolling along, so I am encouraging her saying "good Sady, good girl!" I noticed that she kept looking at me and wondered why, and finally I stopped the machine for her to get off. To my horror, the poor thing had been going poopoo the entire time she was looking at me, as if to say "stop this thing, I have to go to the bathroom!," and it all had flown against the wall!! I laughed so hard and trust me, after that I made sure that I picked up on her "signals"!! :laugh:

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    OMG! That is hilarious!

And ........EWWWW!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    hehe... what a neat trick.
  • finallylean
    finallylean Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    LOL, this is so funny, thanks for sharing!
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    WOW! that is gross... but hilarious!
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That's got to be the funniest thing I've heard all day!!!! I've always thought about getting my couch potato beagle on the treadmill. I feel guilty every time I go to the gym instead of taking him for a walk.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! so funny!!!!!!
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Oh my!!! I am litterally laughing out loud!
  • Dutchausican
    Options
    I just want to share a funny story that happenend. I saw on the Dog Whisperer that if you can't take your dog out for a walk that you should train them to walk on your treadmill to get enough exersize, so since I was going thru chemo I thought what a great idea! I have a little 6 lb Maltese, Sady, and got her comfortable to walk on the treadmill. She really liked it, and one morning I put her on it and she is strolling along, so I am encouraging her saying "good Sady, good girl!" I noticed that she kept looking at me and wondered why, and finally I stopped the machine for her to get off. To my horror, the poor thing had been going poopoo the entire time she was looking at me, as if to say "stop this thing, I have to go to the bathroom!," and it all had flown against the wall!! I laughed so hard and trust me, after that I made sure that I picked up on her "signals"!! :laugh:
    Poor Sady, she was so embarassed!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    :laugh: I'm laughing so hard that I feel bad - I'm laughing WITH you, not AT your dog!

Thanks for sharing that story. Also, sorry to hear about the chemo - hope you don't feel too weak, etc. :flowerforyou:
    (You must be in a good place mentally if you posted this!!)
  • Dutchausican
    Options
    :laugh: I'm laughing so hard that I feel bad - I'm laughing WITH you, not AT your dog!

Thanks for sharing that story. Also, sorry to hear about the chemo - hope you don't feel too weak, etc. :flowerforyou:
    (You must be in a good place mentally if you posted this!!)

Yes, I am feeling a lot better, Thank you. It really was so funny!! If you could have seen her eyes, and I just couldn't figure out why she kept looking up at me? She is all white and she was just panting away and those little black eyes kept darting to me and begging "stop this thing, I need to get off', and I'm just praising her, "Good girl, good Sady, isn't this fun?". Oh my gosh, I felt sooo bad for her. She ran to the room and wouldn't come out for a half hour!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    That is hilarious! Two days ago, my profile pic was of my American Bulldog walking on my treadmill. I have to lock him up when I exercise because he weighs a little over a hundred pounds and will take my legs out from under me trying to get on.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Too funny! My dog won't even step on the thing, he just *kitten* his head and looks at it funny whenever I run on it at home