Willing to give this a try - any advice?

Options
wlhill
wlhill Posts: 3 Member
My name is Wendi and I am a 33 year old, married mother of two beautiful girls and I AM TIRED OF MY WEIGHT LOSS BATTLES! I have tired Weight Watchers, watching my Fat Grams only and working out till I can't breathe! All have given me little victories but I can't seem to find a way to make the weight loss stick. I am willing to give My Fitness Pal a try and I am completely open to any and all suggestions or advice that anyone has to offer.

Thanks for your help and Good Luck in your personal weight loss goals!

Wendi

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Try to think of food as fuel and not as pleasure. This is how we change our relationship with food.
  • ronchap
    ronchap Posts: 60
    Options
    I've lost gained lost gained over and over. With this I'm using it as a life change not as a diet. I 've had to train myself how to eat healthy and not overdo it all the time. It starts tough but it gets easier.One day at a time. lots of good stuff on this site
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Try to think of food as fuel and not as pleasure. This is how we change our relationship with food.

i couldnt have said it better myself... my advice to add to this.. is STICK TO IT, do not stop, do not stop! log in everyday and be honest, i see food differently now, fuel... nothing more... glad you're here, dont give up
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Hi Wendi,
    Welcome to the site--I just joined last night and, like you, am hoping for some motivation and support with my weight loss. My biggest piece of advice is to think of changes that you think you'd be willing to stick with...as in LIFESTYLE changes, not temporary diets or unreasonable-for-long-term workouts. Also, it's generally best to start slow, just one or two small changes a week (switching to diet soda, exchanging ice cream for sorbet, parking farther away from stores, refusing to use elevators/escalators, drinking 6-8 glasses of water, etc.). I don't know how helpful this is, but in any case, good luck and welcome!
    -LP
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    My doctor gave me good words to follow today as I begin my journey here. He said consider tyour lifestyle (diet, exercise, etc.) your job. You work, arrive on time, do your best at your job, do everything you're supposed to do and stay structured and it will help you stay motivated, especially by joining this website. Great encouragement!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    This makes a lot of sense to me. I love food but forget it is for nourishment and not pleasure. Time to change that mindset.