Blah...bad last couple of weeks

Melissamoe05
Melissamoe05 Posts: 4 Member
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
I have been using MFP for almost two months now. In the first 35 days I lost 15 pounds and was really motivated. Then my back went out and i wasn't able to work out and ended up eating fatty foods that I had been missing so much and then I just stopped counting calories. Such a domino effect. =( Now I have gained back 2 pounds and am completely unmotivated. In fact this is the first time I have got back on MFP in two weeks. Some days it just feels like it will never happen for me. I am 5'6" and currently 254lbs. My goal is to weigh 160-170lbs.

Someone give me hope!! I need motivation PLEASE!!

Thanks so much.

Replies

• KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    You can do it! we all have fall back a little bit, but isn't that with everything we strive for?!? I think that you can do it! baby steps back into the groove and you'll do alright :wink:
  • You have to think about it differently....yes you gained back 2 pounds...but you have still lost 13 pounds total! Good for you! What motivated you the first time you started this 2 months ago? We all have bad days, bad weekends, but each Monday I start as a new week and do my best from there.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    You're totally saying the same story as my story. I mean, since I joined MFP in January I've been down 2, up 2, down 3 up 3. The good news is I'm much more aware now than I ever was. I'm hoping I'm on track now!
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    All your hope and motivation is in you, you did it before, and now you can do it again!!!!

Whats done is done, and you just start by making one choice at a time,,,,2 lbs is really not that bad, and will be gone in a heartbeat with a day or two of good choices and making sure your water is up to par I'm sure.

You cant dwell on the past, you own it and then move on.

We have all been there, as discouraging as it is, but we can all get passed it.

good luck to you!!!!
  • Mickers36
    Mickers36 Posts: 84 Member
    Don't worry!!!!! It's 2 lbs....feels like a mountain but it is SUCH a molehill. Just get back up and start at it. If you broke one dish you wouldn't throw them all away...count the 2 lbs as your broken dish, dust yourself off and keep going. You will feel better once that 2 lbs falls off you will feel so much better! Don't give up on all your hard work, it will all be worth it in the end!:flowerforyou:
  • moppers001
    moppers001 Posts: 3 Member
    You can do it! It's okay! I've fallen off about 6 or 7 times but it's okay!! Just get right back on it!!
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    I'm 5'7 and I started off at 250 lbs so we're about the same size. but I started using MFP in Dec and in the last 18 weeks I've lost 55 lbs! If i can do it, you can do it! I know I still have more to go, but what helps me stay motivated is making mini-goals. It'll wear you out if all you do is look at the big picture and think "I want to weigh 150 NOW". Your impatience will get the best of you. But my first mini-goal was 240 and I reached it in 3 weeks. That's whats kept me going and I think it will help you out too!
  • Melissamoe05
    I really like your analogy! Thanks, I will be stealing that. lol :tongue:
  • Melissamoe05
    Meg0013-

Thank you for sharing with me. Its very encouraging to read of success from someone that is actually my size. I tend to make excuses for other people like "She's bigger than me so it falls off quicker" or "She's smaller than me so she already has a leg up on it"

Does that make sense? lol

Anyways thank your for the motivation.
  • bikegeorge
    bikegeorge Posts: 19 Member
    Melissa,
    Good luck in your journey hun. One thing to remember, all sccessful people have failed at some point, and use that failure for motivation. Trust the process and don't give up You CAN do this. Think Positive, if you thinl you can't, you never will.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    gaining 2 pounds back isn't much at all!! don't beat yourself up, life happens.. & plus, looks like you're back. NO WORRIES!
This discussion has been closed.