I need HELP!

I seem to have hit a wall, and seem hell bent on undoing all my hard work, Why is it that after 6 to 8 weeks of being really motivated, I now want to destroy it all? It's like my brain has gone to mush, and I don't know what to eat any more, I have been eating chocolate, crisps, cookies, and I don't even know why!
Confusion over eating exercise calories, what to eat to make to make up the deficit etc etc! It is daft beyond belief!! I know it, why does this happen??????????

Replies

• Let's get this done peeps!! We all know bikini season is creeping closer each day. But I'm guilty of staying in a comfort zone of working out regimen and I'm sure I'm not alone, So....Starting Sunday (Happy Easter) April 24th we will begin a intensify drill

`up the reps

`weight lifted

` faster cardio in current time done

Take a pic Sunday then another May 12th lets post compare, compliment, and be proud of our accomplishment!!!

LINK: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TurtlesRule/view/time-to-intensify-95345 ***Comment to post to be added!!!
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Everybody has a tough day where we just lose our motivation, or we're just stressed (even if you don't know why) and you just want that comfort of the food that's been our downfall. That's ok, it happens. But tomorrow is another day, where you can choose to recommit and remember why you've been so motivated over the past 6 or 8 weeks. One day won't undo everything!
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    For me it is easy to explain... it is the lust mode you are now done with... you were enjoying something new ie: exercising and eating right, counting calories etc... but now it has become "boring" it has lost its luster. You need to make this your new normal. Eating right, exercising and counting calories is now just your normal way life, and like many habits in life it takes time to form.

So when you feel compelled to eat bad food or to skip out on exercise... DON'T... push past that and just grab an apple and hit the gym. it will take a few weeks for this to just become a way of life for you, and it wont be easy.... but you owe it to yourself.

GOOD LUCK... i know you can do it and i know you can make the right choices for you :-)
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    I think this happens to a lot of us from time to time. Is there something stressful going on in your life that's triggering you to revert to old habits?

It could also just be your mind playing games with you. You've lost enough to start feeling and maybe even looking different. Maybe you are out of your mental comfort zone. Stop, take a deep breath, and remember why you started this journey. You are worth the time and effort that it takes to change. And you don't have to do it all at once. It helps to plan ahead, but some days you just have to take each decision as it comes.

Hope you push through this difficult time soon.
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Trust me, I've been there--It was around 98 F for a week or so (now it's down to the low 90s, but UGH), which has made going out for my walks quite a challenge. I've managed to start eating things like ice cream (no A/C makes it a real temptation) and stopped exercising as much due to the heat. But you know what? I am NOT going to let this progress slide. I feel so much better about myself after dropping the 23 lbs I've managed to get rid of that I refuse to look back. I don't want to be on blood pressure medicine for the rest of my life--my grandmother lived past 100 and her 'baby' sister is now 98, so there's likely to be a LOT of years ahead of me--so I need to just bite the bullet and DO THIS RIGHT.

Hang in there, AnneMelody. You can do this!!! Take your quote from Philippians to heart. :smile:
  • AnneMelody
    AnneMelody Posts: 51 Member
    Thank you so much! I can do this, I know I can, Thank you for reminding me, tomorrow is a new day!
  • AnneMelody
    AnneMelody Posts: 51 Member
    By the way, I love your cat photo!! I have a pure white cat called Oliver who looks very like yours!!
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Thank you so much! I can do this, I know I can, Thank you for reminding me, tomorrow is a new day!

You're so right.. you can do this!!! GO YOU!!! friend me if you would like.. we all need support from time to time and I would be happy to be there for you :-)