just upped my calories

Options
Well i just reset my calroies, upped them...very scared, just seems like the more you eat the more your going to gain...very nervous about this...:S might change my mind yet, but i have been at a plateau fer prob like half a year....cant handle it anymore, i just want to lose that last 10

Replies

• joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just added 200 calories to my diet and already this week I've lost 2 pounds and that's after not losing anything in the previous two weeks. It's crazy I know, you'd thinking adding calories would add the pounds but it really doesn't, at least it didn't for me. Good luck!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Often times, increasing calories can be very beneficial. If you are worried about gaining, just slowly increase them by 100 per week, or so.
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just did the same. I upped my cals from 1200 to about 1400. I seen a post that said the closer you get to your goal weight, the smaller the deficit should be (within 10-15 pounds, I think). I had plateaued for a month and a half, and in two days I lost 2.5 pounds, and then another 2 pounds two days later. I did go from weighing in on the 1st and 15th of the month to everyday, just to make sure I didn't gain, because I was really scared I would. Good luck!!
  • funky_stripes
    funky_stripes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    still scary
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I hear ya..I posted not too long about this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/201492-upping-your-calories
    It gets better:wink:
  • aekriebs
    aekriebs Posts: 45
    Options
    Make sure that your carb/fat/protein ratios are where they should be now that you are getting closer to your goal. I only have about 10 lbs to lose, and my personal trainer/exercise nut brother told me to make sure my ratio was 50/20/30. Good luck!