needing some motivation!

Options
i have been dieting and exercising for a few weeks and lots 6 pounds and now we got this horrible rainy weather and has stop me from going out and now i think i lost my whole motivation im hoping for some words of encouragement because i sure do need them!!!!

Replies

• muhshell
    muhshell Posts: 10
    Options
    i have been dieting and exercising for a few weeks and lots 6 pounds and now we got this horrible rainy weather and has stop me from going out and now i think i lost my whole motivation im hoping for some words of encouragement because i sure do need them!!!!
  • klarson
    klarson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am a Seattle-ite so I KNOW what you mean about losing motivation when the weather is bad! Keep your chin up! The bad weather will pass! Try to do something active inside today!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    The mind is our own worst enemy and it often looks for ways to convince us to jump off the wagon and into that chocolate bar and many other things we've been good at putting off. If you can get yourself to look at it this way you may still have the struggle but at least you'll know who's trying to trick who.

I know because I go through this every few weeks! :wink:

Good Luck
  • HalfMarathon1
    Options
    Get creative with your exercises indoors. Just get up and move around, vaccuum, mop the floor, go up and down the stairs a few times, anything to burn up calories. I didn't want to get up and run this morning, but after I started, I was sure glad I did! That's the key, just start! Everything I've read about exercising says that it is 95% mental and 5% physical, meaning that you have to say you can and then do it. Don't talk yourself out of it, because your body is capable of doing it.
  • Glammy
    Glammy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    OK - Turn the music up loud and start dancing around the house like a crazy woman! If you have stairs, go up and down x number of times within x amount of time, a Wii fit would be nice at times like this, or focus on low impact exercises like yoga or crunches/push ups, etc.
    Just don't lose hope - there's aways a way around the problem! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • 1StepataTime
    Options
    You can do it! Don't give up! I know it's hard but try. Get creative. Is there anything you can do indoors? I bet there is :smile: I usually just need to start doing something and then I'm good. Like as soon as I get my walking shoes on I know I'll go walking. It's just getting the shoes on that's hard sometimes. So just start and hopefully you'll get into it after that. Good luck!
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    try belly dancing, there is a show on Fit TV called Shimmy it is especially fun if you have a hip scarf, you kind of feel sexy while doing it,that never hurts. it is a really fun work out. I also have a tread mill (not as great as the outdoors, but i live in florida, it rains almsot daily here if not raining you get attacked by mosquitos and humid heat) , I try to play video games @ the same time, it goes by faster. I also have a big weight machine that I :heart: it does like 30 something different exercises.