Life Sized Barbie!

Options
R_is_for_Rachel
R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
She's been a favourite with young girls for decades. But a life-sized Barbie is being used to demonstrate just how unhealthy the doll's proportions would be on a real woman.

The mannequin, which stands 5ft 9in tall, has a 39in bust, a tiny 18in waist and 33in hips. Even her feet would be disproportionate, at a tiny U.S. size 3.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1379300/Former-anorexics-life-sized-Barbie-reveals-bizarre--dangerous--proportions-famous-doll.html

Good story!

Replies

• JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Nice! Barbie never really was a good role model :laugh:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

"Slumber Party Barbie was introduced in 1965 and came with a bathroom scale permanently set at 110 lbs with a book entitled: 'How to Lose Weight' with directions inside stating simply 'Don't eat'.

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Looks just like me. :blushing:

:tongue:
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options

"Slumber Party Barbie was introduced in 1965 and came with a bathroom scale permanently set at 110 lbs with a book entitled: 'How to Lose Weight' with directions inside stating simply 'Don't eat'.

I know!! WTF?!
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    :love: Believe me or not but growing up I had 10 barbie houses, 20 different cars, and over 5,000 barbie dolls......I worshiped barbie when I was a Little Girl... With her beautidul blonde hair...but as I got older I was like ummm why did I love her so much...but I guess its just the dream of being SUPER beautiful when you grow up......Every girl loves barbie i think when she is little:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

plus ken had nice abs hahahhaahah
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options

I can't imagine why teenage girls have a totally warped body image :noway:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Every girl loves barbie i think when she is little

plus ken had nice abs hahahhaahah

I always thought my brother's GI Joe had way cooler accessories.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Looks just like me. :blushing:

:tongue:

I totally see it! :drinker: