Sodium??

Options
I just added sodium to my food diary tracker and holy crap I've gone over the recomended amount like everyday! Should I be worried? I know it can lead to high blood pressure but mine has always been fine.

Replies

• xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    As well as the health complications sodium also makes you retain more water, so its better to meet your goal and see your true weight, a day high in sodium is a scale killer!!
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Well at least now you can monitor it and do better. Just be sure to drink TONS of water to keep it flushed out!!
  • deal4321
    deal4321 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure use to be fine also. I never worried about the sodium & now my blood pressure is high and I hafta really watch what I eat to get it back down or I will hafta go on medication to lower it. :-(
  • AmandaArnwine
    Options
    Sodium, Sugar, and Alcohol... All Physique destroyers.. :-(
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Maybe that explains why my weight is so up and down throughout the day. I'm glad I'm realizing this now so I can monitor it. I do try and drink lots of water, some days are easier than others. Thanks for your comments!
  • chelmibel
    Options
    Wow Joann, I just looked at my sodium and it is under for every day, a lot under. The place where I am over is sugar! I can't seem to get that one where it needs to be consistently. I guess that explains the tummy!