I'm ready to do this...

mrose414
mrose414 Posts: 8 Member
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,
I have gained 10 pounds from the 20 that I had lost 4 years ago and I'm ready to lose those 10 plus more. I started working out and I'm going to the gym about 3 times a week. Yes, I know I should be going more often, but this is a start. I have found some workout buddies from school, and now I'm looking for a dieting buddy :)
If you have helpful hints or want to be my buddy let me know. I am 25 years old 5 feet 4 inches tall and I weigh 175 pounds, and
my weakness is Candy and bread (sweets).

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    welcome mrose! We all start somewhere and 3x week is pretty awesome!:flowerforyou:
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Hello,
    I have gained 10 pounds from the 20 that I had lost 4 years ago and I'm ready to lose those 10 plus more. I started working out and I'm going to the gym about 3 times a week. Yes, I know I should be going more often, but this is a start. I have found some workout buddies from school, and now I'm looking for a dieting buddy :)
    If you have helpful hints or want to be my buddy let me know. I am 25 years old 5 feet 4 inches tall and I weigh 175 pounds, and
    my weakness is Candy and bread (sweets).

I am 5'4" as well, and started at about 177, my biggest downfall is, well, food! Welcome and good luck!
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Welcome! The best advice is to start exchanging foods you love, with some version that is better for you. Start small. Three times a week is great to start off with. You'll want to go more when you see results. One thing I love is Thomas Whole Wheat Bagel thins, with weight watchers cream cheese singles. It curbs my bread cravings, and now I hardly have any. Slowly the cravings for your old choices will dimish with time. I lost 51 lbs on weight watchers, and now I'm eating even better. If you need any advice, or suggestions with food, feel free to let me know. I have a ton of recipes that are low fat, but with a ton of flavor. You'll do great!!
  • mrose414
    mrose414 Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks guys,
    SO....today I weighed myself since today is the day I start counting my calories and I realized I weigh 179 :( I'm pretty bummed now. But I need to get this weight off for sure!!! I have gained 5 pounds from the last time (3 months ago). I'm about to get ready to go to the gym...any advice?
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Start slow. Six moths ago I couldn't run 5 minutes, now I run a 12 minute mile. I would use the random, or hill program, and walk for 4 mins, then lightly jog for 1 min, and I kept adding every week. Plus I would add incline every week as well. I would do about 60 mins on the treadmill, and then 30 mins on the eliptical, the weight loss program. Every week I would push myself just a little bit, but now, it's nothing. You will notice a change from week to week. After a month I added arm & leg weights twice a week. Free weights are better than the machines. It forces you to use your muscles more. I would do 2 sets of 10 reps, twice a week. After 3 weeks I would increase the weight. After 2 months, I was up to 10lb weights in each hand, doing 3 sets of 15 reps three times a week. It's better to increase slowly, but to push yourself week to week. Now I use 15lb in each hand, added squats, lunges, and finally a trainer to push me. There are great dvds out there, just remember that if you can't finish, every week you will be able to go further. Don't get frustrated, and be realistic. That's why most people quit. Keep going, and you'll amaze yourself. If you need any exercises, or advice, I'm happy to help with what I've learned. You can do it!!
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    You found the right spot plenty of postive motivation here!!! just put your mind to it and get to the gettin!!! ;)
This discussion has been closed.