I'm a new Member

Options
Hi all,
My name is Shannon. I just joined a few days ago on the advice of my Aunt who is also a member. I'm here to shed a few pounds as well as tone up. I'm 5'6" and weighed in at 138 (at night) and then a few days later at 134 (in the morning). I'd like to get down to between 130 and 125. My initial goal was to do that by June, but I'm not opposed to it taking a little longer. I've been going to the gym 4-5 times a week since January and have a good start going for me. My main focus right now is to look great in an upcoming Wedding that I will be a bridesmaid in in June. Those pictures...they can haunt you for a lifetime if you let them and I don't plan on letting that happen! :glasses:
I've been reading several blogs and have been mentally filing away some great advice, so thank you already! I've also already recommended the site to a co-worker and team member. I'm hoping we can be each others inspiration since we see each other 5 days a week.

Replies

• jscimeca
    jscimeca Posts: 66
    Options
    Welcome Shannon! You will do great here. Feel free to add me as a friend:smile:
  • BrigidR
    BrigidR Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having a lot of fun! Thanks Shannon!
  • smedooley
    Options
    Brig,
    Hopefully this will help out both of us! :happy: I'll continue with my workouts and of course with watching what goes past my lips...We should have set up a time to meet at Planet Fitness this week...I know you could have been my inspiration there! I really wish I didn't HATE running so much, but I do, so I'll stick with my weight loss mode of walking!
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shannon! :smile:
  • ybelen
    ybelen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I love that this site makes everything in what I eat more easier to track.
  • smedooley
    Options
    Thanks, All! I'm enjoying learning the site and how everything works. Everyone is very nice and extremely encouraging!
  • CarolAmanda
    CarolAmanda Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just joined, too. It looks like we have similar goals. I'm shorter than you, but am looking to lose about 7-10 pounds. You are welcome to add me. Look forward to watching your progress.

Carol