feeling appreciated today!

Options
so I was at work this afternoon and I'm the Kid's Club attendant at the gym that I work for, but we just opened so there aren't really any kids yet so I've been doing little odd jobs for my managers and whatnot, anyways, I went to work and there were no kids, as usual, so I asked what I could do. my manager said that I could go clean the women's locker room. I proceeded to take the broom into the locker room and sweep the showers, stalls, and floors. I came out and asked where the mop was and my supervisor asked me why and I told him that I was going to mop the locker room since I had nothing else to do. I then noticed that the owner of the gym was smiling at me and she looked up at me and said, "Thanks for putting in extra effort and showing me why I hired you." IT FELT SO GOOD TO HEAR THOSE WORDS. I've been feeling belittled and unimportant at my job until now.

I just wanted to share this story with you all and tell you that if you see someone putting in extra effort, give them praise, it just might make their day.

love&rockets,
KP

Replies