which food when?

Options
I've been eating kind of a big lunch on the days that I do my most exercise. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I do Zumba and the circuit, which from the numbers on MFP, equals about 1100 calories burned. So usually I have a spinach salad and 2 chicken roll up things (whole wheat tortilla, cheese, and 1/2 chicken breast each). But I do want to be careful of having too much at one meal and not being able to use it all, so it gets stored as fat right away. I also usually have a snack in the afternoon of 1/2 cup of Sesame sticks and pecans. So I decided today to try having just 1 of the roll ups at lunch, then having the other one as an early snack (around 2) and the "trail mix" as a later snack (around 4), since I don't eat dinner until after my workout (from about 5:15 to 7). My basic question is, does anybody have any advice as to which snack I should have early and which one i should have closer to working out. The roll up is more filling than the trail mix, but I just don't know enough about which things to eat when. Sorry if that doesn't make much sense.

Replies

• faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've been eating kind of a big lunch on the days that I do my most exercise. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I do Zumba and the circuit, which from the numbers on MFP, equals about 1100 calories burned. So usually I have a spinach salad and 2 chicken roll up things (whole wheat tortilla, cheese, and 1/2 chicken breast each). But I do want to be careful of having too much at one meal and not being able to use it all, so it gets stored as fat right away. I also usually have a snack in the afternoon of 1/2 cup of Sesame sticks and pecans. So I decided today to try having just 1 of the roll ups at lunch, then having the other one as an early snack (around 2) and the "trail mix" as a later snack (around 4), since I don't eat dinner until after my workout (from about 5:15 to 7). My basic question is, does anybody have any advice as to which snack I should have early and which one i should have closer to working out. The roll up is more filling than the trail mix, but I just don't know enough about which things to eat when. Sorry if that doesn't make much sense.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    On the days your going to work out have a bigger breakfast, then a snack and then a light lunch (which you are already eating if I understood right) then I would eat another snack right after the work out( trail mix) and a light dinner. The trick is to have some protein with all your meals to keep you satisfied. I don't think there is a right time to eat (exept for me right bevore bed, if eat to heavy I have night mares:grumble: ) but for me smaller meals work much better then 3 large ones.
    I wish you success:drinker: