24 hour fitness

Options
a coworker signed me up for a free 2 week trial and I just got back from taking a tour. Nice place, but BUSY! (my current gym is busy when we have 10 people in there at the same time). Prices seem really good, hours are workable (24 hours, SURELY I should be able to fit in a workout), just busy and a little far from my house (about 20-25 miles). Anyone here have a membership? What do you think of it?

Replies

• SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Will you really go if it's that far from your house?
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    order a membership from Costco for $299 for two years (= $12.50 per month)

best gym deal out there - I bet they quoted you much more

I have 3 or 4 different clubs in my area that I go to regularly - crowds are "prime time" are pretty sucky, but I'd expect that anywhere
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I would go to a gym that was 20-25 miles from my house no matter how good the prices were. The thought of having to drive there workout then drive back is enough to turn me off. I'd look for something closer. I did belong to a 24 hr fitness and it was always crazy busy, but it was nice.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    is the gym near your work or on the way? tbh that seems like a far distance but if you think it's realistic for you then go for it!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I use Snap Fitness for the availability... but it's only 1.4 miles from my house! Often I run up, lift, and run home! Done in under an hour!!!! I love that it's open 24 hours, and it can be crowded at times, but there have been times I'm the only one or one of three in there!!! Good luck.. and definitely think about the drive, that seems a little out of the way for a workout!
  • jeremymaritz
    Options
    I used to belong to 24 hour, but 25 miles is a bit of a stretch. In Austin they had like 5 locations within 15 miles in any direction (1 of which was less than a mile from my office) so I enjoyed it quite a bit.
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    I belong to 24 Hour Fitness... joined in Feb. Love it, the location is about a 2min drive so it makes it easy to go every day. I'm working with a trainer, love her as well.

I definitely avoid going there after 5:30pm, because that is when it picks up and sometimes you have to wait for a machine.

Everyone's experience will be different depending on their own goals/views/location/etc.... but yeah, I love it :)