Cake

Options
I'm having a bad day. Well, not a bad day like bad stuff is happening to me, but a day where I'm generally dissatisfied with life. You know?

I WANT CAKE!!!!!!!! My coworker is getting a slice of cake from Denny's. How horrible is that?! I want it, too!!!!

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm having a bad day. Well, not a bad day like bad stuff is happening to me, but a day where I'm generally dissatisfied with life. You know?

I WANT CAKE!!!!!!!! My coworker is getting a slice of cake from Denny's. How horrible is that?! I want it, too!!!!

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    What's even MORE horrible is imagining the workers at Denny's having a bad day and spitting or licking or putting boogers in that very cake!!

Hmm, not so appealing now huh??? :laugh: :laugh: :wink: :wink:

By the way, it isn't horrible! We ALL have cravings. Trust me, I would LOVE a big old honkin (yes I sai HONKIN) slice of my mom's homemade texas chocolate sheet cake! I mean, it is Heaven on a plate!! BUT, I have avoided making it and settle with my ff ice cream! lol not QUITE the same but hey, it is what it is girl!!

Maybe you can share it with her????? (Not that you want booger cake!!)

:bigsmile:
    -Tam
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Funny you should talk about having a bout of dissatisfaction with life and reacting with a burning desire for something you shouldn't have.

I went through something like that last night. I never thought of myself as the kind of person who eats back at the person I'm pissed off at, but my first reaction to a difficulty I was having last night was to stuff the first thing I found, rather than take the time to cook a low-fat decent meal for dinner. I'm going to have to watch that.

I'm sorry you're bumming out. Just ride it out. Instead of cake, find something you can have that'll satisfy the craving but not do any damage.
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    :laugh: @ Tam. Boogers?! Couple that thought with a horrifying story I heard on the radio this morning about some molested steak a man got served at a Texas Roadhouse... and I'm suddenly much less hungry. Thanks, I think!

And I'm sure I'll get over the blues. Same old stuff as always, it's just that now I live so far away from all my friends, there's no one to get together with and laugh it off. :ohwell:
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    If you really have a craving for sweets, then you can buy those 100 calorie packs of something sweet. Or make something sweet and watch the portion size. I like Macaroons-they are low cal and very good.

I am not a believer in denying oneself...tried that plenty of times and you know what? I end up eating a whole lot of sweets, and feeling horrible for binging. So I listen to myself and have something small that I know I will burn off at the gym.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    :laugh: @ Tam. Boogers?! Couple that thought with a horrifying story I heard on the radio this morning about some molested steak a man got served at a Texas Roadhouse... and I'm suddenly much less hungry. Thanks, I think!

And I'm sure I'll get over the blues. Same old stuff as always, it's just that now I live so far away from all my friends, there's no one to get together with and laugh it off. :ohwell:
    :noway: molested steak?? That is just SOOO wrong!!! BUT, it does help you lose a craving! :wink:

Between molested steak and booger cake....I am having a mental picture that just isn't purty!!!! :sick:
  • naanaamoreno
    Options
    Since I have started dieting I give myself once a week where I can eat one thing that is totally bad for me & it has helped me to not want it so bad the other days. I'm a foodie. I'd rather work extra hard at the gym & eat the food I want. But I realized that was getting me nowhere! So, I just try my hardest and decide if I want whatever it is that bad or if I wanna hold out for something better. And ewwww, molested steak? I was gonna go to Texas Roadhouse!!
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    i saw a show yesterday, and someone on it was eating a jelly donut , and i went the whole rest of the day, craving a dang jelly donut... i feel your pain... i miss my sweets :sad:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options

uhh... I just had texas roadhouse on Sun. :noway: Not the steak though:tongue:

-adrienne:heart:
  • darl
    darl Posts: 12
    Options
    I use those 100 calorie pack snacks and they really help me to keep in control. But I must admit sometimes that icecream is just calling my name. When I have these temptations I try and do something else it's not always easy but I try not to give into the temptation.
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    The 100 cal packs are a great idea. I just bought the carrot cake ones, they are scrumptious!! The white cake ones with chocolate are good too!
  • sdjurek
    sdjurek Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You know, I always have this thing where if I am going to have cake (or chocolate or cookies), it has to be worth my calories. So in essence, when my coworkers have cake I won't eat it if it's from Denny's or some just-okay bakery around town and i won't eat Hershey's chocolate, I want Lindor chocolate.

Being choosy makes me enjoy the treats more and controls how frequently i eat them. And trust me, I like to eat these things, my friends all know that if faced with choosing one thing to eat for the rest of my life, it would be cake.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Molested Steak and Booger Cake..................... I hear a country song in there somewhere!!!!

ha ha ha