Restart

Hey all - I joined in January, I think....or maybe last year. Anyway, got sidetracked, joined Weightwatchers, and lost 15 pounds over several months. I've been off the wagon, needing to get back to my regime, and wondering why I should spend 40.00/month on Weight Watchers, when MFP offers so much of the same things -
anyone out there done the WW stint? If so, why did you come here? I need some encouragement!

Replies

• Hey all - I joined in January, I think....or maybe last year. Anyway, got sidetracked, joined Weightwatchers, and lost 15 pounds over several months. I've been off the wagon, needing to get back to my regime, and wondering why I should spend 40.00/month on Weight Watchers, when MFP offers so much of the same things -
    anyone out there done the WW stint? If so, why did you come here? I need some encouragement!
  • Good for you!!! Welcome back!!! :happy:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    I have done the Weight Watchers thing a number of times. I like this better. There were very few men in Weight Watchers classes, so I felt out of place. Also if you are comfortable in a cyber world you have almost constant support here rather than once a week.

Also, there are a number of Weight Watchers here who log their points in the notes area. It just seems like an extra step for me and I'm lazy.

Welcome, I wish you much success.
  • yes......done ww several times......it always works but it is the same principal as this......i like this better because i dont have to plan to be anywhere at a certain time & its free!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Hi and welcome new friend! It is great that you did the Weight Watchers, they do have a great way of giving us the foundation for diet success. I am so thankful for them years ago! YEY TO YOU FOR YOUR SUCCESS THUS FAR!

I did Weight Watchers wayyyyyyyyyy long ago. But I was ALWAYS hungry. I think for me it was the *restrictive* feeling and I felt like I was *missing out on fun* all the time. Going off the wagon there was a penalty and failure to me.

This has been very simple this time. I can taper my foods to eat healthy and incorporate my favorite foods in a more successful way. I love it!

I had a smore last night...And it was fantabulous!!! ::sigh::

OH!!! Back to you!!! You can do it!!! YEY!!! :drinker: