Shake Weight anyone?

Options
Hi there,

I just started using the shake weight yesterday and I thought it was a bit of a gimic to start with but I have to admit that I feel the burn. Anyone else???

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I can not feel your burn. Nope..sure can't. LOL

Keep us updated. I've been wondering about that.
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My mom gave me one for Christmas. I haven't really tried it. Maybe I should.
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    I think thet suck lol I am glad they work for you though!! :flowerforyou:
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I know they are really not liked by the majority but I suppose I have just had my 4th baby and I have lost alot of muscle so building it back up again will require alot of work. By all accounts people with good muscle tone think it is rubbish but I'm pleased with the burn that I feel :)
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Did it give you cab fare at the end of your workout? *hopes someone gets the reference*
  • sammoss88
    Options
    Because of the way you use it, the shake weight is only capable of working a very limited range of arm motion. It is a good workout for the specific angle at which you hold it, and it likely burns some calories, but a full range of motion is always preferred for burning the most calories and working the whole muscle fiber range.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    "Feeling the burn" does not mean the equipment is effective. I did my final on the Shake Weight. It's no good. Your best bet for over-all strength is to lift dumbbells (at home or at the gym) to develop lean, musclular arms.

Sorry to rain on your parade. Sadface.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    CAB FARE! i die. awesome. Creme fraise anyone?
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Did it give you cab fare at the end of your workout? *hopes someone gets the reference*

Hahahahahahahaha! Bus fare, maybe...
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    There is a better way...
  • lg7824
    lg7824 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I just started using the shake weight yesterday and I thought it was a bit of a gimic to start with but I have to admit that I feel the burn. Anyone else???

I've used it and continue to use it...most people think it doesn't work but I've been using it for weeks and there is a difference...I've lost 2 inches around my upper arms in 4 weeks...that may not seem like alot but to me it is...So if it works for you then continue...to make sure it is take measurements.
  • rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've had one for about a month and am using it twice a day (morning and evening). I actually never time it but I go as long as I can until it starts to really burn. In one month I can absolutely see a difference in my arms and shoulders with regard to muscle tone and I'm going to keep doing it. I get that it's a funny thing to joke about but for something you can do in a very short amount of time that gets visible results I think it's great. I can do it while I'm watching tv or even while cooking and waiting on something. For what it's worth I bought he Gold's Gym version first and it was terrible so I returned it for the Shake Weight and it is MUCH better.
  • DenverKos
    DenverKos Posts: 182
    Options
    Oh Sharron! An old fashion! lmao
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Personally think its a con!

I'll stick to my kettlebell :)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    Nothing good on the first 40 pages, huh?
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

LOL!