I'mma NEWBIE...

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Malona, but I would prefer for any/everyone to call me Moe. I am a 30 years young (and PLAN to stay that way) adoring wife, mom of 2 children (and 2 adorable dogs), active duty military, and part time college student who is tired of taking care of everything/everybody else but ME! I have always been very active, and I became a mom at a young age, so I've never been the sendentary type. Nonetheless, as this "age" thing keeps creepin up on me, I have begun not to like the way I look. I guess I am officially a statistic... taking care of everyone and letting myself go. I am finally ready to make ME happy... and healthy! I have some bad habits that I am going to try to break... but the only one I can bring myself to start with is my eating habits and my weight.

I purposely did not put a full body shot of me on my account because I hear too many people telling me I "look fine"... I guess I do... WITH CLOTHES ON! I love myself and my body, but I not happy with how heavy I feel or how much I am beginning to run out of energy too fast. Most of us surely want to look like we did when we were younger, but I am here to actually make it happen!!! I know its gonna be aggravating... especially with my lifestyle, but I am determined NOT to give up. This is just day one... PRAY FOR ME!!! Thx! Moe

Replies

• malonajackson
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Malona, but I would prefer for any/everyone to call me Moe. I am a 30 years young (and PLAN to stay that way) adoring wife, mom of 2 children (and 2 adorable dogs), active duty military, and part time college student who is tired of taking care of everything/everybody else but ME! I have always been very active, and I became a mom at a young age, so I've never been the sendentary type. Nonetheless, as this "age" thing keeps creepin up on me, I have begun not to like the way I look. I guess I am officially a statistic... taking care of everyone and letting myself go. I am finally ready to make ME happy... and healthy! I have some bad habits that I am going to try to break... but the only one I can bring myself to start with is my eating habits and my weight.

I purposely did not put a full body shot of me on my account because I hear too many people telling me I "look fine"... I guess I do... WITH CLOTHES ON! I love myself and my body, but I not happy with how heavy I feel or how much I am beginning to run out of energy too fast. Most of us surely want to look like we did when we were younger, but I am here to actually make it happen!!! I know its gonna be aggravating... especially with my lifestyle, but I am determined NOT to give up. This is just day one... PRAY FOR ME!!! Thx! Moe
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Moe you are not alone. Many of us have fallen into that same boat with our needs being put aside for our kids. I still have a tendency to do that but I am trying to do better.

If you have questions ask there is likely someone here who can help. You can do this and it get easier as your body adjusts. We are very happy to have you.

Best of luck:flowerforyou:
    Eve
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hello Moe and Welcome!
    It’s good to have you with us.
    Always remember we are here for you. :flowerforyou:
  • yenn2
    yenn2 Posts: 25
    Options
    Welcome Moe !! All sizes, all shapes -- no need to be embarrassed for being to big or too small for this site !! We are our own worst critics and sometimes those last five pounds can be the toughest. Good luck and congrats for taking the first step to a healthier you !
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Moe,
    You are one busy young lady. You have come to the right place. It is fantastic here. Supportive is only the beginning. I wish you luck!! Glad you are doing something for yourself. That is very important.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi Moe...welcome aboard...you're a wise young woman to realize you need to take care of yourself as well at such a young age...I didn't get it till just now at 50...it takes a bit of figuring how to fit it in when you have kids and a career and college...good Lord Woman!

I've worked most of my life as a civilian for the military and I'm so proud and respectful of you...thank you. My son, Mo, is former Army Special Ops...he didn't re-enlist after his 1st child was born.

I'll be praying for you,
    Fat Dancer