confused

Options
I think I am confused about this whole weight loss thing. I am a 35 year old female and had two kids about 15 years ago. I currently weigh about 128 and am 5'4. I feel like I carry most of my weight around my belly, its pretty jiggly, eeww. I have never really exercised all that much and when I did I never really took it seriously because I have never known anything about it. I still don't know much. I ride my bike about 5 and a half miles about 3-4 days a week and do some workout videos a couple of days a week and hit the gym most days for about 45 minutes. I have been a junk food junkie my whole life until about a year ago. I eat mostly fresh low fat foods now. I am afraid to eat a bunch of calories because I fear getting bigger. I only want to be tone and lean and back to the weight I have been for most my life, 110.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I do not know a lot about exercise or nutrition and have done some research but am unable to determine which sources are credible.
Please help. I want to be healthy and take good care of my body.

Replies

• crystal10584
    Options
    my boyfriend lost weight and had a decent body... however... once he started eating more tuna and lean meats he started getting more cut.
  • frekles12
    Options
    I currently eat lean (i think) and love tuna and have always eaten it as well. Thank you so much for the help.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Check out Bill Phillip's Body for Life program...you sound like a pretty good candidate for that. You don't have a whole lot of actual weight to lose and he focuses a lot on muscle toning. As you tone the muscle, you'll burn any excess fat that you might have. Don't focus so much on cardio...women have a tendency to do that because they don't want to bulk up...but we're not genetically capable of it without some hardcore workouts and supplements, so I'd say back off the cardio a little and step up the weight training and see what that does for you.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I agree, lean protein and kick up the cardio. Also core work, not just crunches, but planks and stuff... leg lifts, etc. My tummy is going down but I don't think it will ever be what I want without surgery (so never) but I never had a flat tummy and carry ALL my weight there, so it's fine with me just not to have muffin tops in every pair of pants I own!!!!!
  • frekles12
    Options
    Most of my cardio is riding my bike. i do a lot of calisthenics. Will that work? I try to do leg lifts, plank, squats, lunges, etc... any other suggestions?