48 lbs gone, 44 to go! Here's to the new me!! (Pics included

Options
bluerose9483
bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
When I was younger, such as middle school, I was always a “big” girl. I can remember gym glass when we were “weighing in” and my gym teacher shouted out everyone’s weight, I was in the 7th grade and weighing in the 200 lbs range. When we shouted out my weight, I was so embarrassed. I tried to lose weight, but gave up because I was still a kid. Once I got a job, I was able to drop from about 210 lbs down to 140 lbs, which is when I met my husband.

We were together in 2003 and in 2004 I had our baby girl. Shortly after having her, I realized I needed to lose my weight all over, because I was back to 222 lbs and having troubles breathing and just doing the simple things in life. I was good for drinking TONS of soda, eating all the junk foods (chocolate, chips, cakes, brownies, etc). I wasn’t happy with how I looked and wanted to change it, especially since me and my husband wanted more kids. I tried and had a hard time losing my weight.

Here is my husband and I Jan. 1, 2008 still weighing 222 lbs and I’m 5’3”.

Jan12008-222lbs.jpg

In March 2009, I joined MFP and for the past 2 years, I’ve been working my butt off to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (140 lbs). In Sept. 2009, I found out I was pregnant with our son. My weight in September was between 190-185 lbs. Our son was born April 30, 2010, and I was weighing around 184 lbs (My OB dr had told me in the beginning of my pregnancy I would lose weight, which had no harm on our baby boy, but it was because I was not at my “ideal” body weight).

WeightLoss09-11.jpg

After my pregnancy, I continued my weight lost. I’ve had good days and bad days. But for right now, I’ve maintained my body weight. I’m currently sitting at 174 lbs and I only have 34 lbs to go to meet my pre-pregnancy weight! It’s been a long journey, but I have finally gotten my life together and getting closer to my goal. Back then I was in a size 20 jeans (the heaviest I’ve ever been in!) and right now I’m in a size 16. I’m hoping to get down at least a 14 (again, which was pre-pregnancy) or possibly a 12 (I’ve never seen!).

April102011-174lbs.jpg

Replies

• lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, such as middle school, I was always a “big” girl. I can remember gym glass when we were “weighing in” and my gym teacher shouted out everyone’s weight, I was in the 7th grade and weighing in the 200 lbs range. When we shouted out my weight, I was so embarrassed. I tried to lose weight, but gave up because I was still a kid. Once I got a job, I was able to drop from about 210 lbs down to 140 lbs, which is when I met my husband.

We were together in 2003 and in 2004 I had our baby girl. Shortly after having her, I realized I needed to lose my weight all over, because I was back to 222 lbs and having troubles breathing and just doing the simple things in life. I was good for drinking TONS of soda, eating all the junk foods (chocolate, chips, cakes, brownies, etc). I wasn’t happy with how I looked and wanted to change it, especially since me and my husband wanted more kids. I tried and had a hard time losing my weight.

Here is my husband and I Jan. 1, 2008 still weighing 222 lbs and I’m 5’3”.

Jan12008-222lbs.jpg

In March 2009, I joined MFP and for the past 2 years, I’ve been working my butt off to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (140 lbs). In Sept. 2009, I found out I was pregnant with our son. My weight in September was between 190-185 lbs. Our son was born April 30, 2010, and I was weighing around 184 lbs (My OB dr had told me in the beginning of my pregnancy I would lose weight, which had no harm on our baby boy, but it was because I was not at my “ideal” body weight).

WeightLoss09-11.jpg

After my pregnancy, I continued my weight lost. I’ve had good days and bad days. But for right now, I’ve maintained my body weight. I’m currently sitting at 174 lbs and I only have 34 lbs to go to meet my pre-pregnancy weight! It’s been a long journey, but I have finally gotten my life together and getting closer to my goal. Back then I was in a size 20 jeans (the heaviest I’ve ever been in!) and right now I’m in a size 16. I’m hoping to get down at least a 14 (again, which was pre-pregnancy) or possibly a 12 (I’ve never seen!).

April102011-174lbs.jpg

Lookin' Good! Great work!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Look at you!! Great job!!!
  • aecryan
    aecryan Posts: 89
    Options
    Wow! Great job! You look gorgeous!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    You're doing a great job!!!! You look amazing and I'll bet your husband and kids are enjoying the benefits of a healthier you!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • wannalosew8
    Options
    Congratulations! You are looking great!
  • annastacia10
    Options
    You should be so proud! What you have done is NOT easy and you look absolutley wonderful!
  • CSinghRNBSN
    Options
    Congrats! Way to go! Keep up the good work. It really is paying off.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    you're doing awesome and you look fantastic!!! you'll be there before you know it and you'll be a fun and active mom for your kids! keep it up!
  • kittycat613
    kittycat613 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous girl! Thank you for sharing your progress pics! Keep up the amazing work, I know you'll get to your goal! :)
  • rachivie
    rachivie Posts: 11
    Options
    I feel like you were writing my story...very similar! So proud of you! One pound at a time and before you know it the rest will be gone =)
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Good Job! You look amazing!! Keep it up :):)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are beautiful! Thanks for the inspirational pictures and story.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    You can do it, trust me. I am also 5'3", and I am down into the 50's (a size 12/14). I can wear all size 14's and most size 12's. A little will power and determination will go a long way. You look great. keep it up and you will reach that go in no time!!!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    good job!!!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Keep up the awesome work and thanks for sharing your journey with us :D
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    great job!!! you look amazing! i started at 229, and close in height & i'm looking forward to looking as good as you ;)
  • kristy12379
    kristy12379 Posts: 239
    Options
    Great job Barb! You look awesome! You've accomplished alot including being a mom to two kids...that's hard to do, but you're doing it!
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You are looking great. Fantastic job. Good Luck for the rest of the journey.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!! keep up the good work, you will get where u want to to be!!!
  • RobinS78
    RobinS78 Posts: 20
    Options
    Great job! You look awesome. Thanks for sharing your story. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!