making up for going over calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• carlinniss
    carlinniss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if it was just some extra bread and pasta you're good. I didn't mean you were going to do it all in one clip. I just know sometimes I tend to overdo it in the gym when I know I am a little over. You sound like you're doing just fine. :)
  • jess2308
    jess2308 Posts: 40
    Options
    today i went over by 1200, had a binge which led me to think 'sod it, i'm gonna eat this and that and that etc etc'. tomorrow is a fresh day and i'm going to be really good the next few days, just think one day at a time, this always helps
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don’t think that making up is a good idea. If you do something different tomorrow or next two days then you will have more days out of sync from what has been working for you.

Besides learning a lesson and trying to be stronger next time, I wouldn’t do anything else.
  • Brandy3827
    Brandy3827 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind it takes a 3,500 calorie deficit to lose a pound. So, while this slip up may delay that 1lb departure by a day or so, it will be forgotten as soon as the scale changes :happy:

Just look at it this way: If you went 1,200 (or however many) calories over, just do a few extra minutes of cardio everyday for the next week (about 170 calories worth) and you won't even notice at your next weigh-in!