New

Options
Hello All..... I am new to Myfitness pal and hoping that it will help me lose my weight. I am open to any suggestions and help.... I am 41 years old and have a husband with 4 children. I have recently learned that I have diabetes and some other health issues due to my overweight. I am up to loosing weight just am not motivated!!!!! Help Me

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome ; ) You have come to the right site. It will work if you do a few things.

Get it moving....walk or exercise.
    Count all the calories you eat.
    Don't let yourself make excuses! That is a big one!
    Be honest with yourself...cheating won't help you lose the weight!

Good luck.
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is a great community of people who are here to all help each other out. I have been on MFP for about 3 or 4 weeks now but on my weight loss journey since the end of January...I have found a couple of classes at the Y that I love and I log pretty much everything I put in my mouth. So, my biggest piece of advice is to first find something you like to do in the form of exercise...then everything seems to fall into place! Feel free to add me if you would like! Best of luck as you start this journey!
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am farely new to this site and let me tell you it works. So far I lost 7 lbs in a week. With the diabeties there is a lot of online healthy recipes for that. They even taste good lol. My grandmother has diabeties as well. Just keep your head up and don't let your self doubt get in the way. Also portion control will help shed off those lbs super fast! I recomend buying a food scale and measuring cups. That way you know exactally how much your eating. Sometimes what you think is a serving could be 2 or more.
  • GunslingerGirl
    GunslingerGirl Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm glad you joined. This site is great. I really hope you enjoy it. If you're looking for a fun work out, I use HipHop Ab's. It's a lot of fun and the music also helps make it fun. Add me if you would like. And I wish you the best of luck. :smile: