Getting worried about Easter calories!

Options
So I've been thinking all week about what to do on Easter. Normally on a holiday I would just pig out and not think twice...but since I joined MFP over a month ago I have logged in every day and almost always stay within my calorie range.
I weighed in today and lost 2 pounds this week (pretty much losing 2 lbs. every week since joining, LOVE it!!), so I'm just worried that if I have a free for all weekend food-wise then what happens next week when I weigh in? I'm afraid I will be so discouraged if I gain a lb. or 2...maybe I'm over thinking all this. It is just one weekend right? How can I NOT eat my Grandma's world famous cheesy potato casserole?!? not to mention all the yummy candy the kids will get in their Easter baskets.
Anyone else having this debate in their heads all week or am I just being crazy????

Replies

• mccaugkm
    mccaugkm Posts: 29
    Options
    I miss my Cadburry Creame Eggs :(

I know I'm getting an Easter Basket, but I'm going to try to stretch it out by keeping to serving sizes and portion control. It'll be hard, but just think how much longer that yummy chocolate will last. Maybe?
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    I am going to log everything..but I'm not going to 'deny' myself of anything during the family dinner :). Sure, I know I will go over, but then I also know I will work out extra hard next week to loose it again :). I feel if I cut out things like family dinners on holidays...I won't make it because I won't be enjoying myself anymore :).

So..I'm going all out :).
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I feel EXACTLY the same way this week. There is no way I can turn down my moms cooking. I am just going to keep everything in moderation. I most likely will go over my calories but I am prepared for the consequences and know I am just going to spend a little extra time at the gym and keep in mind that it's only one meal. I hope that works, because I am just like you and am always worried about getting discouraged.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I am stressing this also......as I have 2 Easters to go to...sat with hubby's family and sunday with mine! It is so hard to watch others eat yummy stuff...I have no willpwer! I plan on exercising both days! The temptaions are killing me.....Reese's eggs...yum!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I know! :) I will eat more food that day as we are having company and will be making some things that I haven't had in quite a while. I think every once in a while wouldn't be too bad. I'm just going to try and keep it to that day though. Usually by now I would have gone through Robbin's eggs, Cadburry Eggs, and other bags of my favorite candies. I found out on here that 3 Robbin's eggs were 100 calories, so that kept them out of my cart today. Who eats 3????? ha
    Monday will be back to a regular day! :)
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love all the yummy easter stuff and have some at my desk here buy am keeping it down to 1 little peice and not chewing it up like i normaly would i am savoring it slowly and only for those sweet emergancy's you can make it through this holiday just dont pig out
  • lisapickering
    Options
    I have been thinking about this quite a bit. I do very well at home in my controlled environment but outside of that -- not so good! lol. My plan is to do some hard workouts, burn lots of calories before I go out and eat well for the meals that I am home - usually breakfast and lunch. Once I'm there try and control myself! It's also important to remember it's just one weekend, so if I gain a pound this week, I will work twice as hard next week.

Happy Easter! (and of course have Grandma's Cheesy Potato Casserole!!)
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I haven't got the kids Easter baskets ready yet b/c of all the good candy that will go in them. I have the stuff bought and it's taking will power not to open the Reese's eggs and devour!! Definitely gonna allow myself one of those oh yeah and some starburst jelly beans!! YUM!!! :)
  • Mram4563
    Mram4563 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There are different things you can do to avoid over indulging this weekend. Drink a glass and half of water before you eat a meal, it will help get you full faster. Eat something healthy like fruits or vegetables before you have your easter meal. You are allowed so many calories for one day. Eat light early so you can have most of your calories saved for your easter dinner. Last, enjoy!!! you can always work hard the week after..lol
  • kimberg75
    Options
    I have been thinking about this quite a bit. I do very well at home in my controlled environment but outside of that -- not so good! lol. My plan is to do some hard workouts, burn lots of calories before I go out and eat well for the meals that I am home - usually breakfast and lunch. Once I'm there try and control myself! It's also important to remember it's just one weekend, so if I gain a pound this week, I will work twice as hard next week.

Happy Easter! (and of course have Grandma's Cheesy Potato Casserole!!)

I will definitely have my Grandma Rosy's cheesy potatoes....they are the BEST ever!! Happy Easter!
  • kimberg75
    Options
    There are different things you can do to avoid over indulging this weekend. Drink a glass and half of water before you eat a meal, it will help get you full faster. Eat something healthy like fruits or vegetables before you have your easter meal. You are allowed so many calories for one day. Eat light early so you can have most of your calories saved for your easter dinner. Last, enjoy!!! you can always work hard the week after..lol
    Good ideas! Thanks!!