Karmin

Options
husker_gal
husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
Sooooo this girl I went to high school with was on the Ellen show yesterday. Her name is Amy. Hands down the sweetest girl ever and she has a fantastic voice but never in a MILLION years did I expect her to do a rap! She and her fiance have a band called Karmin. www.karminmusic.com is their website but you HAVE to check out their short clip from Ellen. Blew me away! I'm so proud of her!

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2011/04/karmins_impressive_performance_0420.php

Replies

• Ty_1227
    Ty_1227 Posts: 40
    Options
    I saw her original video on youtube a few days back! It was ridiculous!! She's definitely got a lot of personality and crazy breath control to do some of those lines. As a guy whose life growin up was all about choir, I'm always really jealous of people like that. Glad to hear she's getting more success.

PS - She's also insanely cute! Lol so if yall still keep in touch feel free to pass that along too :P
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    She is blowing up on YouTube!! I watched a ton of her videos just a few days ago. She's great, and it is so awesome she raps!!
  • Ty_1227
    Ty_1227 Posts: 40
    Options
    Just watched the Ellen clip on Hulu. Props to her partner rockin out on the cajon. I haven't seen one of those since I was down in Peru, but nothing is more fun than to just go crazy on a wooden box.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    well done!! Thanks for sharing! My daughter enjoyed watching it with me just now :-)
  • husker_gal
    Options
    She's so so so sweet. and to think that in high school our chior teacher didn't think she would ever become anything!

I'll pass along the "cute" message...she is engaged though. Sorry! :P I can't believe how many hits her youtube videos have gotten!
  • husker_gal
    Options
    Just watched the Ellen clip on Hulu. Props to her partner rockin out on the cajon. I haven't seen one of those since I was down in Peru, but nothing is more fun than to just go crazy on a wooden box.

I love watching them. They're so into it just makes me want to sing right with 'em. LOL