the last 3 pounds, I mean 4, I mean 3, grrr!

Options
I'm just plateued out!! I've been losing weight so slowly. I seem to go up 1 pound and then down one, and then up, and then down. Net I've lost weight. It's taking forever though. so here's the deal. I work out alot. I mean alot! I run 4-5 times a week, I swim twice a week and I ride my bike 3-4 times a week about 20 miles. I do weights in the morning 3 times a week and in the evening 3 times a week. I have been watching my calories. I've tried eating a little more, eating a little less. I've tried cutting my fat, increasing my protein, cutting my carbs. I'm vegan and I eat tons of veg and fruit and I'm gluten free which essentially means I don't eat any processed foods (except the occasional boca burger). I don't go to restaurants (cuz there's nothing there for me to eat). So what's going on with this last 3 pounds (today it's 3, tomorrow it could be 4 again)? Any tips? Do I go gangsta and just hit a 500 cal a day diet for a couple of weeks until it's off? Will that even work?

Replies

• zundelag
    zundelag Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't know about eating less. Have you considered taking a break from loosing weight and just going on a maintenance diet for a couple of weeks? It may not be a popular idea, but it's helped me in the past when I've plateaued.
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Check your sodium intake. If it's high that could be the problem.
  • knewbill72
    knewbill72 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I believe you are at your optimal weight based on your workout load. The only way I see you loosing the last few pounds is by working out less. You do alot of cardio which puts some serious demands on your body so it wants to hold onto the that fat for emergency stores.

I bet if you took a recovery week and only hit the weights for two or three days your last pounds would come right off!