Great lunch

Options
A friend of mine used to eat this every day, I ate it about 3 hrs ago, and still am not hungry.

2 cups of lettuce (or more)
fat free shredded cheese
tomatoes
1 slice of oscar mayer smoked turkey
onions
hard boiled egg
lite italian dressing

This makes a huge salad, and its around 200 calories, 7 g carbs, 7 g fat and 17g protein. I stay full for hours, and im doing the low carb diet. I've found it to be really good tasting too :)

Replies

• ecrichar
    ecrichar Posts: 14
    Options
    A friend of mine used to eat this every day, I ate it about 3 hrs ago, and still am not hungry.

2 cups of lettuce (or more)
    fat free shredded cheese
    tomatoes
    1 slice of oscar mayer smoked turkey
    onions
    hard boiled egg
    lite italian dressing

This makes a huge salad, and its around 200 calories, 7 g carbs, 7 g fat and 17g protein. I stay full for hours, and im doing the low carb diet. I've found it to be really good tasting too :)
  • tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • Zeii
    Zeii Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good!
  • deneuve39
    Options
    I've been having salads for lunch for the past month and a half now and I always try and put in some hardboiled egg whites; they're as close to pure protein as you can get:) I also add beets instead of tomatoes because of the great taste. To avoid getting bored some days I'll do my version of a Mediterranean salad (w/ low-fat feta cheese, pepperocinis, red onions and grilled chicken) and sometimes I'll put some shrimp with blue cheese.

The "nicoise"-style salad is great too! I just use green beans, one small new potato, tuna, and egg whites. And always, always top with just balsamic vinegar. I find that as long as I have cheese all I need is some vinegar to avoid everything tasting too dry.

Anyone else have good salad ideas??