I'm always HUNGRY!

Options
so, I've been watching what I've been eating... and doing it right... and now it seems like I'm always eating! I always feel hungry! I eat breakfast at 6am, then am hungry again in an hour or so. I've been eating healthy snacks... but I thought that eating right would help my hunger?

Replies

• elementzdesigns
    Options
    so, I've been watching what I've been eating... and doing it right... and now it seems like I'm always eating! I always feel hungry! I eat breakfast at 6am, then am hungry again in an hour or so. I've been eating healthy snacks... but I thought that eating right would help my hunger?
  • tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    Options
    Try adding more fiber. It helps to make you feel fuller for longer.
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    And protein... I have egg beaters (1/2 cup) and a piece of turkey bacon for breakfast (at 7:00 am) and that keeps me going until about 11-11:30.
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    yup protein and fiber, make sure you get enough of these in your meal
  • trjrobertson
    Options
    And water...don't forget good ole H2O. I used to feel hungry alot before I started MFP. I realized later that I was acutally more thirsty than I was hungry.
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191
    Options
    The Kashi high protein / fiber cereal is filling and has very high protein and fiber (hence the name). Not the best tasting...but its not horrible either. Also, do you eat stuff like baby carrots or celery sticks? I know, not very exciting, but its amazing to me how much of these I can eat and not blow my calories! Keep at it, you can do it!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Try carrots dipped in humus as a snack. The carrots are filling and low cal while the humus is supposedly a natural appetite suppressant.

And definitely drink plenty of H2O!!! :drinker: :drinker: Your body tells you its thirsty the same way it tells you it is hungry.

I have also found that the days I eat egg beaters for breakfast I am fuller for much longer and I don't overeat at lunchtime.