For those doing low carb

Options
This chicken was FANTASTIC last night.....never knew eating low carb was so good. Reason I started this is because my girlfriend recently lost 25 pds doing low carb. She looks and feels great. So she's passing recipes to me, and I'll pass on to you all :)

Breading:
2 cups pork rinds
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 tbsp. flat leaf parsley
1 tbsp. Garlic powder

Place pork rinds into food processor and grind to a fine texture. Add parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, flat leaf parsley and garlic powder to pork rinds and pulse until thoroughly mixed.

Chicken:
6 boneless chicken breast (approx. 6-8 oz.)
1/2 cup soy flower
4 eggs
4 tbsp. Olive oil

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Trim and pound chicken breast. Coat each breast with approximately 1 tbsp. of soy flour. Shake off excess flour. Beat eggs in large bowl and coat chicken breast with egg then with the pork rind mixture. Make sure to press the chicken breast into the crumb mixtures. Heat seasoned cast iron pan over medium heat. Add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan 1/4 inch. Fry cutlets in oil until golden brown on each side, approximately 4-5 minutes. Place cutlets in 325 degree oven and finish approximately 8-10 min. Top with Spinach Sauté (recipe below) and one ounce of shaved parmesan.

Spinach Sauté:
1 - 10 oz. bag fresh spinach, cleaned and stems picked
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. White wine
4 oz. shaved parmesan cheese

Heat oil in 12" saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until soft. Immediately add clean spinach and turn off heat. Add wine and cover with lid. Serve warm on top of low carb chicken cutlet and top with shaved parmesan cheese.

Breaded Chicken Cutlet: 6 servings - 8 net carbs per serving
Spinach Saute: 4 servings - 7.3 net carbs per serving

Replies

• ecrichar
    ecrichar Posts: 14
    Options
    This chicken was FANTASTIC last night.....never knew eating low carb was so good. Reason I started this is because my girlfriend recently lost 25 pds doing low carb. She looks and feels great. So she's passing recipes to me, and I'll pass on to you all :)

Breading:
    2 cups pork rinds
    1 cup parmesan cheese
    1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
    1 tbsp. flat leaf parsley
    1 tbsp. Garlic powder

Place pork rinds into food processor and grind to a fine texture. Add parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, flat leaf parsley and garlic powder to pork rinds and pulse until thoroughly mixed.

Chicken:
    6 boneless chicken breast (approx. 6-8 oz.)
    1/2 cup soy flower
    4 eggs
    4 tbsp. Olive oil

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Trim and pound chicken breast. Coat each breast with approximately 1 tbsp. of soy flour. Shake off excess flour. Beat eggs in large bowl and coat chicken breast with egg then with the pork rind mixture. Make sure to press the chicken breast into the crumb mixtures. Heat seasoned cast iron pan over medium heat. Add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan 1/4 inch. Fry cutlets in oil until golden brown on each side, approximately 4-5 minutes. Place cutlets in 325 degree oven and finish approximately 8-10 min. Top with Spinach Sauté (recipe below) and one ounce of shaved parmesan.

Spinach Sauté:
    1 - 10 oz. bag fresh spinach, cleaned and stems picked
    3 cloves garlic, sliced
    1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 tbsp. White wine
    4 oz. shaved parmesan cheese

Heat oil in 12" saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until soft. Immediately add clean spinach and turn off heat. Add wine and cover with lid. Serve warm on top of low carb chicken cutlet and top with shaved parmesan cheese.

Breaded Chicken Cutlet: 6 servings - 8 net carbs per serving
    Spinach Saute: 4 servings - 7.3 net carbs per serving
  • tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    Options
    Any idea as to how many calories are in this?
  • ecrichar
    ecrichar Posts: 14
    Options
    No, i'm not sure. In doing the low carb diet, we dont really count calories, only carbs/proteins. The way my friend lost her weight was by lowering her carbs at first, then going to just 20 carbs a day to start the ketosis (sp?) where the body starts dropping the weight. She didnt think she could handle doing it so fast.

So far on my daily schedule (mind you, they dont make this food log for low carb people),but to get to my target weight, it says I need to consume the following:

1270 calories, 175carbs, 42 g of fat and 40 g of protein

Today, and i'm still full from lunch, i've consumed

607 calories, 8 carbs, 35 g of fat, and 38 g of protein

tonight, I'll be having the low carb pizza, so I will hit my mark for the day.