Raw Juice Therapy

Options
ixxta
ixxta Posts: 10
My mother has been practicing the juice therapy and she got me to try it. I can't believe how much better do I feel and I just have a week trying it. They call it therapy because it can actually help you treat many health problems. I was eating cereal, fiber granola bars, drinking fiber supplements but this is way better. You will need a juice extractor but it's worth it.

Ingredients

1/2 beet
2 celery
2 carrots
1 Fuji apple or any apple
1 pineapple slice

I drink the juice for breakfast and keeps me going until lunch. You DO need to drink it within 15 minutes, or else the nutrients are lost after that time. Let me know how it goes.

'Why can't I just eat fruits & vegetables?'. The reason is simple; solid foods have to go through the body's digestive tract and this can take several hours and requires a healthy digestive system. Juice, on the other hand, is assimilated and absorbed very quickly into the blood stream without taxing the digestive system. By juicing fruits and vegetables you lose only the fibre, but this means that a much higher quantity of nutrients is available in the juices.

Replies

• snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! Have a juicer but only made lemonade before now!!! Keep posting more recipes with this!
  • snowmanluv
    Options
    There is a movie out Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. They also support the JoinTheReboot. It's supposed to help cleanse the body while providin g nutrients. I do a combo of eating fruits and vegetables plus juicing. It really works to juice one meal....more energy. Still in the early stages. Also go the JoinTheReboot.com and you can find recipes or juicing.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    ^^ i was just about to post the same exact info...

my hubster and i are buying a juicer soon and we will start a 10 day fast. kinda nervous and kinda excited too.

**watching that documentary was eye opening and just wow!!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this, but the cost is deterring me. I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead last night. The cost of a decent juicer, and the cost of the sheer volume of fresh produce is daunting. Further daunting is the time needed to juice, and daily trips to the grocery store, since I don't have space in my house for that much produce.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this, but the cost is deterring me. I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead last night. The cost of a decent juicer, and the cost of the sheer volume of fresh produce is daunting. Further daunting is the time needed to juice, and daily trips to the grocery store, since I don't have space in my house for that much produce.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Big-Mouth-Pro-Juice-Extractor/14320925#BVSecondaryCustomerRatings
    that is #2 on the consumer reports. #1 is a $300 juicer. we will be getting this one.

maybe only do 1 or 2 a day
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    Also, I don't get that Zeppelin song about "squeeze my lemon till the juice runs down my leg" - how are you supposed to drink that?
    That's a line from Robert Johnson, the ancient bluesman of "Crossroads" fame!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Now, now children's.... not everything you see on tv is real.
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    Also, I don't get that Zeppelin song about "squeeze my lemon till the juice runs down my leg" - how are you supposed to drink that?
    That's a line from Robert Johnson, the ancient bluesman of "Crossroads" fame!

Ok.... didn't answer my question though.
    Haha, well he doesn't say to drink it, does he?
  • snowmanluv
    Options
    We started off using our juicer for lemonade or orange juice. After watching Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead I was surprised at out a glass of juice could fill you up. I believe in the drinks are amazing and fill you up despite being all liquid. When I feel sluggish I always go juice for a couple of days just because it make me feel better and a natural cleanse to the body. I recently found a juicing book at Barnes and Noble that was a little more inspiring because they used like 3 or 4 fruits and vegetables in small amounts. No matter what, I always add an apple or orange to the mix to sweeten it up. Sounds crazy when you have vegetables but it does make it taste better. Definately googles recipes than try. The one things I will do if I don't "use" up my produce in time I will cut off the bad then throw the rest in the juicer for a quick mix.