Kinda been here a while...

Options
I consider myself rather new here, though I've had an account for a few months and I know how the site works. Anyways, I've been trying to lose 15 lbs for the last 4 months and its not working. I dont know if its because I'm not exercising enough, or if I'm eating too much, or if its because I dont stick to plans very well. I tend to start something, keep on it for maybe 2 or 3 weeks, and if I dont see results I get depressed and stop. My sister thinks I cant lose the 15 lbs because my body is used to being and maintaining 125lbs, its been this way since I started highschool back in 2005.

I'm a very impatient person... I get disheartened easily if I dont see results. What I need is some kind of plan I CAN stick to, and some kind of motivation. Looking at Dita von Teese only works for so long.

Replies

• KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I don't know how tall u are, but 125 is quite a low weight unless you are really short? Maybe you are not meant to be any lighter.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hi... I too am impatient, so I understand:wink: You say that you weigh 125 and want to lose 15 lbs. I would first ask is that a reasonable goal? If you are at a weight that is appropriate for your build, it will be difficult to lose 10% of your total weight. Next, I would ask if you are truly sticking to a plan. Weight loss and maintenence is a life style thing, not a two or three week activity. That said, this site is a great motivator. I don't have a great deal of weight to lose, but since I have joined MFP, I have become more focused on eating well and working out on a regular basis. Sorry... my advice may not answer your question. Good luck:happy:
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    check your BMI? That will help you in making a decision about whether you are on track or need to change direction. Quick fixes never work for longer than you apply them. Life changes are not only the food we put in our mouths or the gym we attend...it's the thoughts about who we are and what we want to attain that gets us to our goals. Hang in there!
  • Kapsapirukas
    Options
    I'm 5' 4", and if I was 110 lbs I'd be on the lower end of the BMI but its still a "healthy" weight for my height. 125 is most definitely NOT a low weight... I want to look in the mirror and get turned on. I'm too good at taking photo's to allow any non flattering ones to exist, so I cant show anyone what I mean when I say I have fat legs.
    I know its a lifestyle thing but I cant find any good advice that'll put me in the right direction, and I dont think this site alone is a good motivator