Streched skin? Is there help?

Ahannah5
Ahannah5 Posts: 4
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I have had 2 pregnancies and 1 i carried twins, my twins are now 20 months old and i am fighting to get the weight off. Now that some of it is coming off i am seeing streched skin!! Is there any way to fix or tone it up without going under the knife? Thanks

Replies

• You look young, so with time it'll probably bounce back a lot. Don't lose the weight too fast, it sounds weird I know, but the steadier it comes of the more likely your skin is to go with it. Unfortunately, skin is just skin and the only thing that can help remove it is time and the knife. :(
  • Ahannah5
    Thank you Helenthekitchen!
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    I've heard that the more hydrated your skin is the easier it will bounce back....so extra water and lotion. I think I read that lotion with vitamin E helps.....but time, toning exercises and steady weight loss will help. Good luck!
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    I have the same problem. I have been using Nivea My Silouette, it seems to be helping a little bit, but not completely. I'm hoping that once I lose more of the weight I will see more of a difference
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    i would try palmers stretch mark creme, but even if you just use regular lotion, the key is keeping your skin hydrated from inside and out so that it can stretch normally. i'm not sure you can get rid of stretch marks once they're there, but you can minimize the appearance (by keeping your skin soft with lotion). i have always had them on my upper arms and thighs from being a fat kid, but lotion def. helps lessen the appearance.
  • I too had a set of twins (20 years ago) and a singleton and the stretched skin does not bounce back with weight loss :o(. I have this flat tire of skin that I can pick up like pizza dough. I would love to get it removed but with 3 kids in college it's not an option.
  • bddavis1
    bddavis1 Posts: 43
    There is hope… My wife was in the same situation. She lost 58 lbs, size 16 to size 6 and now weights 136 lbs. She had some lose skin and we researched it. If you are young, it may tighten up in time. However my wife was 45 and it wasn’t going to tighten much. So you have two options: Surgery to remove the skin (not recommended) or feel the skin with muscle. Most woman say right away… NO ! I don’t want to look like a man. Well, you can’t, you don’t have the testosterone it takes to get that big. If you worked as hard as you can to build muscle, you would never get that big. My wife began working out on weights and now looks great. You can see her before/after pictures on her site. www.advocarelife.net, click before/after on the left side. even one in a bikini (lol). She still would like to tighten more and she is working really hard on more muscle. This is all my just my opinion, but I say “fill with muscle”. My wife is cool about helping other reach their goals, feel free to email her questions if you like. Good luck and God Bless with your goals… :smile:
  • Ahannah5
    Thanks to all that responed to my Question, I will try all the things i can to make it better! Cant believe how supportive this site is!! Thanks again...
This discussion has been closed.