Road Constantly Traveled

Options
I have been down the road many times before. I lose 10-15lbs through diet/exercise...get relaxed and gain it all back. I need to know how to stay the course. How to make this a consistent, life long routine. How to not let the ups/downs of life distract me from! Any good advice I would love to here from you:sad:

Replies

• borade106
    borade106 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been down the road many times before. I lose 10-15lbs through diet/exercise...get relaxed and gain it all back. I need to know how to stay the course. How to make this a consistent, life long routine. How to not let the ups/downs of life distract me from! Any good advice I would love to here from you:sad:
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    you need to make it a life style.. you need to do it over time and when you do lose the weight you need to keep working out, not as intensely but maybe 3 or 4 times a week and you can not eat whatever you want. I mean you can, but in moderation.

Much luck,
    B
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Make it FUN!
    I see so many people call working out a punishment.
    Well if it is a punishment you are NOT going to want to do it are you?
    I know that I might be one of the silly ones in the group, but I find excersize a LOT easier for ME when I find ways to make it FUN!
    Riding Bikes, Walking in a park with my dogs, meeting neighbors, Dancing around the house,
    Challenging others to learn a new workout move to see who can get it first. (See yoga sites for interesting moves that take time to get right).
    Remembering the things that we used to do as Kids. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU PLAYED DUCK DUCK GOOSE!?! or TAG?!?
    Running up and hill and rolling back down giggleing histerically with leaves in your hair.:laugh:
    You want a good fun work out. Follow a two year old around and do EXACTLY what they do. I give you 5 to 10 min before you fall over panting!
    Now for food, Like Borjanap says. This needs to be a lifestyle change! I found it eaiser for me to increase my fruit and veggies to stave off the hunger and keep my cals low.
    Like others the healthy eating has had other benifits, IE SKIN GLOWS! I can MOVE MORE! and my Favorite SHOPPING! After all you need new clothes to go with the new body!
    The help, advise and freindships of this site are wonderful and I could not make it a lot of days without them. It helps greatly to see and know that you are not the only one having trouble with one thing or the other, and see how others solved the problem.
    Good Luck to you.
    and Welcome aboard.
    --Diann...
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    debmarihow

It needs to become routine. Exercise should be enjoyable and a big part of your life. Try to find some exercise classes you like and get a friend to workout with you. It is great to have that extra support. As far as food goes, change to the Whole Wheat's, multi grains, and really start reading labels. Portion control is key. I have switched to using smaller plates and I don't serve by spoon, I serve by measuring cup. I know exactly how much I am eating that way. Drink lots of water, and think positive. You can do it and you will. Good luck to you.
    There are lots of great recipes posted as well as exercised. Explore and enjoy!!!!
    Renee
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings debmarihow...I hope you find this site most helpful...I've been using the food diary to plan meals and keep my calorie intake at this site's recommendation and lost 2 lbs the first week.

Dito what "borjanap" said...don't look back and beat yourself up...when you fall off, get back in the saddle and move on to your goals again.

I encourage all the women to take up Bellydance because it has done so much for my self-esteem and self-acceptance...it is a fabulously feminine toning and cardio workout...it costs $10 to $15 for an hour class...it is so much fun and a great way to network with other women...plus there are many events and shows to attend...I just love it...you can buy DVDs as well and workout at home too.

This picture was taken 20lbs ago...I have about 40 to go to reach my goal.

Take care and good luck,
    Fat Dancer
  • babiecuddles
    babiecuddles Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    For me it's all about having a partner. When I'm down my wife picks me up and we move forward together. When she's not there it's the My fittness Pals that encourage me. Find as many people as you can to encourage and inspire. don't worry were here for you.