Flying Biscuit

Options
I am having one of those eventful weeks where between charity functions, work related functions and family functions, I have been out to eat far too much! I have been trying so hard to be careful. And now... I am 0.2 lbs away from the 30 lb weight loss mark! And I want it!!! I want it bad!

So, my sister asked me to have lunch at The Flying Biscuit today. I have been trying to research their nutrition info online, but I'm not coming up with much. Does anyone eat there often? Have some yummy and healthy go-to meals? I am asking because I know it's super tricky... there are a lot of vegan options and beef-alternative options BUT there can be a lot of hidden calories too.

Replies

• JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but my thoughts went here instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYyBZE0kBtE

gotta love blues brothers!
  • dhaught3
    dhaught3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Their black bean "love cakes" are a good option, and I believe they are served with a side salad. Just don't eat the biscuit! ;-)
  • Kytana
    Kytana Posts: 63
    Options
    Good morning!

If you go to the Food tab on here, then to the database, there are some Flying Biscuit foods listed.. hopefully it helps.

Kyt
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but my thoughts went here instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYyBZE0kBtE

gotta love blues brothers!

Love this... :bigsmile:
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    OMG! I love the flying Biscut. I didn't realize that had them anywhere other than Atlanta. Anyways. I uasually eat the same thing there when I'm in town. So you migth try looking up individual items of ingredients. I uasually ea tteh black bean cakes and eggs. so i would start with that. They pride themselve on ther food and healthy options. Ask how teh food i sprepared what kind of oil they use. skip teh potatos and perhaps teh flying biscut...or maybe eat half to cut down on refined flowers. Good luck and enjoy.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You can find some info online (here and on livestrong.com), but not a whole lot. If you use common sense, and figure out what you're going to order before you go (and try to figure out how many cal. are in that, roughly), you should be ok. Obviously anything like a biscuit, pancake, french toast, etc is going to quickly kill your diet. If you can stick with meats and veggies/fruit, you should be ok (and that is without sauces, gravies, etc). Enjoy!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    idk about the nutrition, but i want one of the biscuits with the apple butter right now... lol
  • Christie23
    Options
    idk about the nutrition, but i want one of the biscuits with the apple butter right now... lol

I KNOW!!!! Stupid biscuits...

And the creamy dreamy grits... get out.

So... yeah... thank goodness I won't be having those. :ohwell:
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options

I KNOW!!!! Stupid biscuits...

And the creamy dreamy grits... get out.

So... yeah... thank goodness I won't be having those. :ohwell:

Biscuits are evil things, but grits aren't too bad.
  • Christie23
    Options
    Biscuits are evil things, but grits aren't too bad.

Oh... these most certainly are, love. SOOO evilly bad. They're called "Creamy Dreamy Grits"... made with heavy cream, butter, white cheddar...

*sigh*... so good.

But I avoided them! Success. The biscuit however, met HALF of its demise.