I can't freaking believe it....

Options
:mad: So i have worked out everyday this week for an hour and a half...an hr of Cardio and then 30-35 mins of stregnth training... This week was my menstrual cycle and I went to go on my weigh in and BAM :explode: ...i didn't lose anything or gain anything I remained the same....I mean yeah i am down 15 lbs in 3 weeks but come on im busting my butt by eating right and following my plan to specifics...just sooo frustrating!!!!! ARGH:grumble:

Replies

• Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
    dont get discouraged, you know we all retain water during our periods,plus you probably put on muscle, take measurments instead of weighing yourself
  • MandiG82
    MandiG82 Posts: 7
    Options
    I gained SIX pounds during my last period, but once it was over, it came back off. Just try to ignore this weigh in. You'll be so excited at next week's weigh in. Keep up all the awesome work!
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've done this for over a year...it DOES work but think about it...probably (at least if you are like me) when you were living "normal" you probably didn't GAIN every week even if you ate like crazy. You won't always lose when you think you should either. Like the others said, could be holding water, building muscle. Just keep taking it one day, one meal whatever at a time and you'll get there.
  • ImBabyBunny
    Options
    That has happen to me before too, I know it can be horrible but just do NOT give up, your body is getting results there are just not so visible yet. Congrats on your weight-lose so far! Keep going strong!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Don't let it discourage you, especially if you know you've been doing everything correctly, more then likely it's just water retention. This is why I don't way myself during that time of the month don't need the stress of false numbers.
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you get mad points for sticking to the plan during 'woman's week'. I am terrible when it's my time because I feel like junk, so I don't want to go to the gym. When I do get to the gym, I know I don't work as hard as I do the other three weeks in the month. Also, my eating habits are terrible during that week. Luckily I've found some good substitutes, but it just makes me crave sweet things fiercely. I've started eating more fruit for my sweet fix, and when I feel like the world will end if I don't have ice cream, I eat fat free frozen yogurt instead, but still eat more junk than I should.

Every month the body preps itself to carry another life inside of it. That means retaining water, it has trouble letting go of fat stores, prepping the breasts for milk production, etc. I know it's hard, but don't let it beat you. 15 pounds off in 3 weeks is awesome! If you miss losing one week, that's still almost double the max setting you can put MFP to. At least you didn't gain any back, and you'll probably be back on track next week.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP! It took me MONTHS to lose 15 lbs!!!! :indifferent: