ordering lunch for an office full of guys that eat whatever

Options
reyna99
reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
I am suppose to order lunch for work today, my supervisor knows that the only 2 girls here don't eat the crud they eat...anyways, he wants us to order something that we will eat too....any suggestions, that we can eat and the guys would want...lol...thinking it might not be worth it....just get them pizza

Replies

• unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    How about some wraps?
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    To make it easy I might go with pizza. Order a veggie thin crust for you.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I would personally order something like a hot fork buffet with fruit platter and large fresh salad platter
    loadsa meats and breads for the guys and fruit and salad will be left - not many burley blokes will eat the salad :)

all depends what is available from shops around you
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    how about nice healthy sub sandwiches on a whole grain bread with turkey and lots of veggies...and only mustard..no mayo....
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options
    I have to do this all the time. Our pizza place has salads and wraps as well - see if you can add something on for the two of you to a pizza order for them.
  • destiny637
    Options
    How about sandwiches? Instead of getting everyone EXACTLY what they might prefer, you could do a few turkey, a few salami, etc. . .
    then you can get something healthy for yourself, like wheat bread, no mayo. . .

Still sounds a little complicated, huh? Damn Pizza for being so easy!! ;-P
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Just because they eat crud most days doesn't mean you can't introduce a slightly heathier option to them now and again. Veg pizza, side salads, grilled chicken sandwiches... depends on what places you have around you.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    We have about anything to choose from...thanks for the suggestions!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    We've done this at our work, and I got my boss to order whole wheat crust pizza. He looked at me funny.

Funny thing is the other guys end up eating the WW crust still no questions asked.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be ONE thing? If so, "Make Your Own Sandwich Tray (Mixed Meats, veggies, condiments, cheese, variety breads), chips on the side, variety of drinks.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would stick with whatever I brought from home----anything you order will have too much sodium in it, too many carbs, and just not worth it.

If you did not bring something from home, then go to subway and get a veggie salad with a piece of grilled chicken on it, and very light dressing.

But that is what I would do. In fact, I would not even eat Subways dressing. I would go to the store and get me some Walden Farms dressing, 0 cal, 0carb, 0 fat.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm in OKC. I can give you some suggestions if you want if you tell me where your office is.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    You could go with something like Earl's BBQ and get the guys ribs, brisket, etc.. and you could order some smoked turkey breast or the chicken and peel the skin off. They have green beans and their baked beans are probably not that bad.