wobbly stomach

Options
Katrob9
Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
Ok, so, here is my concern... I have been pretty good at the exercise malarky, I do an exercise tape in the morning before I go to work (yes, that's right, tape, like an audio cassette - it's a Jane Fonda one from the 70s and I looooooove it) and then walk to work. I'm starting the 30 day shred tonight to add to this.

I can already feel that my clothes are looser and can feel that my muscles are more defined - especially in my legs and arms because I have all my extra weight on my tummy and bum. So, I can feel tummy muscles in there somewhere getting more defined, but my stomach feels softer at the bottom (the very fetching pooch in the lower abdomen) and moves around more (if that makes sense).

I'm having serious panic about being left with excess skin. I'm a UK size 20 so not small but I didn't think that would be an issue.

Advice/reassurance would be much appreciated!!

Kat x

Replies

• HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is great for the abs!! I don't do the video anymore but the ab exercises are GREAT. Just keep up your diet and exercise and fat will melt everywhere :)
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It probably feels wobblier than other parts of your body because it's the biggest, right? if you can feel the definition forming, I think you are fine! Maybe throw in 50 crunches/sit ups a night to your daily routine? However, at this point-I think it's important to focus on your progress and taking precautions. You're doing wonderful :)
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    keep the lose skin well moisterized to help with the elasticity. You are young enough, it will spring back if you don't lose too fast.
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    If you're really worried about skin elasticity, check out this website. It gives some good pointers and recommendations....but overall I wouldn't worry too much about it. You might have some excess skin, but it'll relax in time.

Keep up the great work!

http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/problems/treating/improve-skin-elasticity3.htm
  • emmap123b
    emmap123b Posts: 17
    Options
    that is the only part of my body i dislike i have a wobbly lower stomach to this ive been told is the hardest area to tone and the key to it is your diet xx
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) I know that the lower part of the stomach is really stubborn for holding on to fat so am hoping that I can get better with my diet, I seem to be bad with fats but not get enough calories and I really don't know what to do. I'm also bad for not eating very much through the day, although I have started improving that and eating breakfast.
  • lisazags
    lisazags Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had a baby a few months ago and along with my behind, my stomach is still pretty wobbly. I am trying to eat a clean diet (for the most part) and doing a lot of ab and core work. Like holding the plank. I am sure in time, our tummies will firm up. This process is just something I have learned to be patient with and know it will get there! Good luck!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    If it really bothers you, get some light support undergarments, or just tighter granny panties. Even when you are toning your abs the layer of fat on top of the muscle will 'wobble' until it is gone. Regular exfoliation and lotion application will help with the skin elasticity.