Zaftig bride finally taking charge of my ever-expanding post

Options
HI!

So I've been a portly gal my entire life - nothing like being the tallest and thickest kid in the 5th grade to scar you for life :)

I'm tired of hiding behind the flabby arms and tasteful Lane Bryant tent shirts...I want to shop at Anthropologie, gosh darn it! I met an awesome guy back in 2009 who thinks I'm pretty awesome, too. I had given up on getting married and all that until I met him - and now the unthinkable is happening - I'm getting married. On Sept. 3rd. In a white dress with all eyes on me. Gulp.

This is how I got to myfitnesspal.com. I'm here because I want to get healthy - not skinny - in order to lead a better life. I truly just want to shed weight in a moderate, lifestyle-altering way. This is a permanent change, so I'm not looking for a quick fix. That being said, I wouldn't mind losing this turkey neck by September 3rd, so all tips and encouragement is welcome :smile:

Replies

• SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Well first off - welcome and you took the first step in joining!
    My tip to you would be to "trust the system"... if you adhere to MFP calorie goals (and eat your exercise calories back!), the slow and steady route will get you there.

Good luck!

**Edit - oh and congrats on the upcoming wedding! (mine's Sep-24)
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I was skimming thru Anthropologie online the other night waiting for my chance to "add to basket". LOL
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place :) Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!