Where was your best Vacation ever?

Improvised
Improvised Posts: 925 Member
edited September 26 in Chit-Chat
Where did you go that ended up being your best ever vacation and why? I'd LOVE to travel this year, or early next, and am looking for fun ideas and places. :O)

Replies

• igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Dubai! I was visiting some friends and it was just such a great place to relax and play! Their malls are insane and they have these incredible 5 star spas in hotels. It's just really luxurious! I can't recommend it enough! :)
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    now i wanna go to dubai. shopping and spas on top of the beaches & weather.... *drools*
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Torn between

- Greece: a day or 2 in Athens is all you need...then onto Santorini and Rhodes. Would love to go back and visit some of the other islands.
    - And Hawaii!! Can't wait to get back to Kauai.

On my bucket list still are Australia and New Zealand.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Italy - two weeks up one coast and down the other and around both ends. It was a freakin' blast!!
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Edinburgh, Scotland, or maybe Prague, Czech Republic. In the US, when I traveled up highway 1 in Cali with my sis. We started in San Diego, then up to Monterey, then into San Fran, then over to Yosemite.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Orlando. We did Disney and Universal Studios, which we both ok, but my favorite was Sea World and Discovery Cover where we swam with dolphins and snorkled. I love animals and that was a great time. When I get the weight off I am taking the family to Atlantis and we will swim with the dolphins again.
  • bakersduzin
    bakersduzin Posts: 60 Member
    Riviera Maya in Mexico! I went in April 2009 and it was gorgeous! I'm going back for my honeymoon next April :)
  • Trip: Paris
    Vacation: St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
    EPIC WEEK: VEGAS!!
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    ST. THOMAS USVI !!! Spent 10 days there for my honeymoon back in 08' amazing beautiful - all of the above!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    My best vacation so far was a trip to Puerto Vallarta with my best friend. We stayed in a small Mexican hotel in old town, ate street food and walking all over the place. It was awesome.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Iceland! We're going back for our 3rd trip this fall. Glaciers, geysers, volcanoes, nice people, yummy food. Lots of good hiking. It's our favorite place on Earth. And, there's good travel deals out there! It's only 4.5 hours from the US. :):)
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Cancun in 2007 and 2009. Stayed at Riu las palace de america (something like that). Beautiful hotel, beach and delicious food. I visited Excaret. Paradise on earth. My 7 yr old wants to go back. Can't decide if I want to go back there or visit Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico or another hot spot.:happy:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    When I was 17 I went the bus station and asked where I could go for 30$. I ended up in Baltimore, then hitch hiked back to knoxville. It was an adventure. I got rides on motorcycles, big rigs, police cars, and horses. Scary at times, should have taken money for food.... but it was great.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Hawaii in '07 & '08.
    The Big Island is the place to see the power of this planet by watching to lava flow & make the Big Island even bigger. Where all but two of the world’s climate zones generate everything from lush rain forests to volcanic deserts, snow-capped mountaintops to beautiful black sand beaches.
    There are other islands to explore:
    Kauai - From the soaring cliffs to the vast chasms, Kauai embraces the senses like no other destination.
    Oahu - timeless beauty that blends with the modern luxuries of today.
    Molokai - Serene seascapes, unspoiled coastlines, untamed wilderness. This is an island that stays true to its Hawaiian traditions, tucked away from the hustle of the outside world.
    Lanai - Relax and rejuvenate in a place that has earned the name, “Hawaii’s Most Enticing Island.”
    Maui - From its heavenly beaches to its scenic natural wonders, there are plenty of reasons why it has been voted “Best Island”
    But I will always be drawn to the Big Island & hope to move there when my husband retires.
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Myrtle Beach a few years ago. We had a really good time, and our daughters had a blast. Watching my daughters play and have fun together was the best thing ever!!!!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    So hard to narrow it down to one. Loved Puerto Vallarta last year. Been to Mexico 4 times. Been fabulous every time.

In the 90's. Used to love the driving vacations we used to go on when all the girls were home. Disneyland on a budget.

1992. Honeymoon in Victoria B.C.

Went to Italy in 1977. That was fun. Single. Went with two girls. Staying in Hostels. Partying on a budget.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Barbados! What a beautiful place, great jewelry shopping! AND the parting.....well......nough said. :tongue:
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Haven't had a memorable one but soon to Peru or Japan.
  • SINGAPORE!!!!

It is amazing there!! I would go back in a heartbeat!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    I toured Europe with a musical performing group in college. Four weeks of non-stop performances and sight-seeing, it was amazing.
This discussion has been closed.