Tilapia and Salmon Recipes please!

Options
Can anyone tell me of some really good seared salmon and tilapia recipes? Im trying to eat more fish but i need to spice it up a bit!

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i just had an amazing salmon sandwich yesterday that included salmon, bacon, thin green apple slices, arugula and chipolte mayo on a bun. the combination of flavors is delightful!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I don't eat tilapia at all but here is my salmon recipe that I use a LOT.

Season the salmon with a little salt, fresh garlic and lemon juice.
    Grill or broil until done.
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    we love fish tacos!! and we make a spicy sour cream for this light sour cream pepper garlic a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper and a few dashes of tobasco.. it's super yummy! then we wilt down cabbage with garlic salt and pepper or you can use your tradition taco toppings always served with whole wheat or carb control tortillas.
  • 3aBadkids
    3aBadkids Posts: 78
    Options
    check out www.allrecipes.com

lots of great recipes there!
  • Rogns008
    Rogns008 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've had tilapia, covered with a bit of lemon juice, apple splices, green and black olives, a little bit of onion, some celery, and seasoning (garlic powder, red pepper flakes, minced dried onion, pepper [whatever you want really]). Cook it for as long as is directed on the tilapia package and there you go. Try to use sweeter apples and use a little lemon to start off with otherwise it will be really tart. But it's really good, really simple and it's how I started to eat fish that weren't deep fried.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Here what I did with Talapia.

Special K multigrain crackers in the food processer to make it into a cracker crumb topping and added Old Bay only for seasoning.
    spray a pan so it does not stick.
    Put the fish in the pan and top with cracker cumbs
    broil in the oven.
  • regentin
    regentin Posts: 60
    Options
    Here is my favorite salmon recipe. Plus it's in the food data base on MFP. It's called Kraft Parmesan Baked Salmon.

What You Need
    1/4 cup KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise
    2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
    1/8 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
    4 salmon fillets (1 lb.), skins removed
    2 tsp. lemon juice
    10 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup)

HEAT oven to 400°F.

MIX mayo, cheese and pepper until well blended.

PLACE fish in shallow foil-lined pan; drizzle with lemon juice. Cover with mayo mixture and cracker crumbs.

BAKE 12 to 15 min. or until fish flakes easily with fork.

This is AWESOME!
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    i just had an amazing salmon sandwich yesterday that included salmon, bacon, thin green apple slices, arugula and chipolte mayo on a bun. the combination of flavors is delightful!

Was that something from an actual restaurant, or did you just dream that up yourself? It sounds amazing. If it's from a restaurant, I want to go there. ;-)
  • slschuenke15
    Options
    Here is my favorite salmon recipe. Plus it's in the food data base on MFP. It's called Kraft Parmesan Baked Salmon.

What You Need
    1/4 cup KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise
    2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
    1/8 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
    4 salmon fillets (1 lb.), skins removed
    2 tsp. lemon juice
    10 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup)

HEAT oven to 400°F.

MIX mayo, cheese and pepper until well blended.

PLACE fish in shallow foil-lined pan; drizzle with lemon juice. Cover with mayo mixture and cracker crumbs.

BAKE 12 to 15 min. or until fish flakes easily with fork.

This is AWESOME!

that sounds awesome!
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Salmon BLT's are good too.

I grill my Salmon on a bed of fresh herbs so that they sear into the fish. I use various FRESH herbs like rosemary, basil, tyme lay them out on the grill and place the salmon on. Then just light cover with tin foil. I baste with a EVOO/Butter/Lemon mix.