Two nice things...

Options
hajjcomb
hajjcomb Posts: 118 Member
I have been at this "weight loss" thing for a long time, as a lot of us here have been. What this means is that I have spent more of my life with the psychology of being overweight than I have being a healthy weight. So it is nice when i hear something complimentary from an unbiased 3rd party regarding how I look.

This morning at the gym an older gentleman in the weight room looked over at me and said "you are in great shape!" I smiled and said "thank you; I am trying". Nice to be perceived as being "in great shape".

At my recent annual physical I told my doc that I would like to lose another 10-12 lbs over the summer before my half-ironman event in August. He said i could if I like, but that medically there is no reason for me to lose any more weight.I am good where I am. I couldn't believe that!

Anyway, just a nice reminder that we are our own worst critics, and that we need to remember to savor and acknowledge our accomplishments. Though i have turned that corner this year, and really do like what i see in the mirror now.

Replies

• mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    awesome!!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    I bet that feels awesome! My doctor told me to lose weight. That was before I started losing. But, to have them to tell me not to lose would feel awesome. Way to go. You certainly have a right to be proud. Thanks for sharing, this is certainly inspiring. Reminds me the little things that will change in a positive way after I'm at my goal weight. :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!