What is the most weight anyone has lost in the first week of

Options
2»

Replies

• JetsterDajet
    JetsterDajet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Last year, in my first week of eating right and exercising every day, I went from 424 to 404, so 20lbs. I'm sure a lot of it was water weight, but after that is was about 2-4lbs a week.
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    When I first joined MFP I lost 10lbs my first week, then 6lbs my second week. I was AMAZED and that was one helluva jump start! It has kept me super motivated :happy:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i guess we will see in a few days since i was binging for a month. i have in the past lost 8 pounds or so
  • shaeanne
    shaeanne Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't over do it initially or it will be hard to maintain, you also don't want to go into starvation mode, that can sabotage your progress later.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    wow! good job everyone! I was curious because I am eating no more than 1200 calories, going to the gym 1.5hrs now. yesterday i burned 1085 calories :). drinking green tea in the morning, multi b vitamins and cayenne pepper (in pill form cuz that pepper is really hot lol) because all those help metabolism and cayenne and b vit turn fatty acids into energy and i checked my scale today of which I should check it tuesday because thats my 1 week mark and ive already lost a few lbs...its been 3 days lol

If you're only eating 1200 calories and then burning 1000+ calories you need to eat more. You should be trying to NET 1200 calories a day. Otherwise your body is going into starvation mode and shutting down weight loss because it thinks it's starving.
  • tjstivers1
    Options
    Back when I wrestled in high school, I managed to lose about 6 pounds of actual weight in one week. I lost a grand total of sixteen pounds in about 3 months. While not exactly crazy, I was pretty lean. I remember putting on sweats, and hopping on the treadmill the night before a weigh in to sweat out a few pounds.

The most water weight I ever lost was five pounds in a night. Imagine my surprise being 4 pounds under after being a pound over the day before.
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 2lb in 2 weeks. Not sure if I'm eating too many or too few calories. Hmm.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,243 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds the first week more than a year ago.